Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • NBD: RockShox Psylo, Sonder Evol, Digit Ring, Öhlins coil conversion…
  • Ben_Haworth

New Bikestuff Day is back! Here’s the most interesting stuff in our inbox this week (plus a quick debrief of last week’s stuff!)

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/nbd-rockshox-psylo-sonder-evol-digit-ring-ohlins-coil-conversion/

singletrackmatt

“Unheard your decisions”

BROooooooooo……🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

nixie

Just what RS needed, more cross over fork models 🤦‍♂️.

dave_h

Rockshox Psylo.  Memories of corrosion and crumbling paint.  Nice one SRAM.

mashr

Just what RS needed, more cross over fork models 🤦‍♂️.

Fewer. The Psylo replaces 35, Revelation and Yari

dave_h

The new Sonder Evol.  Don’t get me wrong, I think Sonder make great bikes and loved my old Evol.

However, I can’t help but think that the ‘next generation‘ is little more than changing the linkage to fit the longest stroke shock that will fit to eek out more travel and make it a mullet to sort out the wheel clearance issue.

Not necessarily bad decisions but hardly ‘An innovative approach

nixie

Fewer. The Psylo replaces 35, Revelation and Yari

Maybe I didn’t read the press release correctly but that was not immediately obvious.

beaker

My Psylo 99/00 model came with no oil in the lowers…. It was an ok fork otherwise. The marketing speak in this is press release is making me cringe.

Northwind

Those Marzocchi forks are absolute beasts. 190mm with a 29er wheel in’s probably going to make for a very long/high fork though? I like “fit for red bull rampage”, Rockshox get to do a wee shrug there, “yeah we didn’t have to make a fork to do that, the Zeb’s just that good already”- like, what’s the implication there, that the Fox and Zocchi 38s that already exist aren’t that strong?

beaker

My Psylo 99/00 model came with no oil in the lowers….

A fine Rockshox tradition that they continue to this day.

The Isolator damper has definite feels of “we’ve gimped this thing’s adjustability to preserve a gap between it and our higher end forks” tbh

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.