Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • "Nah, I can't, it's elfernsafety, innit?"
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Were you aware that you are not allowed to go through a McDrive through on a bicycle because of “health and safety”.

OK, so I admit it, I was peckish, I was riding past the golden arches and I thought, “well why not”. I started to place my order when some be-spotted Jafaican speaking yoof informed me that I would not be served due to “elfernsafety, innit”.

I questioned this, “Why? There is no applicable health and safety regulation or legislation which could cover this. Besides, you are allowing fat lardarses to buy a McShiteburger and Turds and then drive off while stuffing it down their flabby gullets while driving their repmobiles down the road” (Not my actual words)

“….’s elf AND safety, mate”

“I am not your mate”

And I flounced off in a huff. Insofar as it is possible to flounce on a bike.

Gah!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Jafaican ??

molgrips
    Free Member

I have been through a drive through on a bike before, and got served. No-one batted an eyelid, I thought I’d get a comment or two. You also get to talk to the people at eye level too which is fun.

RealMan
    Free Member

You eat mcdonalds?

😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve said it before, and I think I’ll say it again. You miserable sod CFH. You junk food eatin’, pimlico prostitute using sod. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Darcy as ever!

I rarely sully myself with such junk, but once in a while, one thinks, “Well, why not?”

This pathetic hiding behind H&S or “Nah, it’s data protection, innit” when people are just being miserable, braindead jobsworths really gets on my whatsits.

Houns

There are signs up at a local drive through (that i drive past the entrance to get to M+S) that say cars only

GrahamS

We were in a garden centre cafe the other weekend for a spot of lunch (the exciting life of a middle-aged dad eh?)

MrsGrahamS needed some hot water to heat up a bottle for the bairn.

Girl at the counter said they’d have to take the bottle, heat it up themselves, then give it back as “elfinsafety” meant they couldn’t just go handing out bowls of potentially scalding hot water.

I said: “Good point, can we have two coffees while we wait?” 🙄

El-bent
    Free Member

“health and safety”.

He did you a favour on the health bit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A valid point, El-Bent.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m still reeling at the news that flashy’s been to MacDees.

McJobber: “What can I get you sir?”
    Flashy: “CAN I GET a venison Big Mac, with twice fried chips, preferably in goose fat, and a side of foie gras please”

spooky_b329

I’ve tried it. Desperately hungry after a night ride…local mcdonalds is drive-thru only overnight. Got quoted the H&S speil. Waited in car park for 5 minutes hoping to place our order with a friendly car driver but typically all the boy racers were elsewhere. Got grotty kebabs instead which took ages 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One would never say, “Can I get…”, Darcy. The McMinions do the getting. 😉

sturmey
    Free Member

Reversing through in a left hand drive car brings some strange looks.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

With a post curry and drinkies group of friends we walked through a drive through, the chunky macdonalds monkey on the other side of the window sneered at us and said ‘just to let you know lads I can’t serve you as your not in a car, can I help with anything else?’ we stayed for about 10 minutes asking him questions till he shut the window and police arrived to move us on.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There is no book entitled Health and Safety that prohibits things like this. Phrases like that are BS made up by employees that don’t know what they are talking about

There may well be a McD policy that states this, but that’s a different matter entirely, and should be based on risk assessments etc. I’ve had this argument with a little hitler at the recycling centre in Gosport when I unhitched my trailer to get it closer to the skip. There’s loads of reasons why this I’d safer than making a dozen 20 yard trips with armfuls of rubbish and I tried to explain it. But she went off to call the police! FFS!!

I’ll glady do what I’m told when it makes sense, but I’m a safety rep in one of the most dangerous industries in the UK and I know more than a bit about it, it has to be said! H&S is all about thinking about the task in hand, and doing it properly. Not mindless rules

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

catflees46, I have also done that. Four of us, two in the front, two in the back. In full morning dress. With top hats. 8)

We decided we would McOff after a similar length of drunken argument with the McStaff!

brakes
    Free Member

After a night on the raz at Teesside Park when the Millenium chucked everyone out we used to go to the McDs drive in and there’d be a queue of people in the drive-through. Cars got priority though, and plenty of verbal. They used to do bogof on Big Macs and McChicken sandwiches

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha, this reminds me of a drunken tale a carless young mate at work told me. Him and his mates all turned up at the drive through, in order, half-kneeling, as if all sitting in a car, (2 in front, 2 in back) and making brmm-brmm car sounds. the guy front right obviously doings the grears, etc. Faked winding down the window, and shouting their order, above the other guy doing the stereo!

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ll glady do what I’m told when it makes sense, but I’m a safety rep in one of the most dangerous industries in the UK and I know more than a bit about it, it has to be said!

Yet you appear to suffer from Small Angry Petty Man Syndrome? You get annoyed because someone doesn’t understand the specifics and nuances of a subject in which you are a SME. If everyone had your in depth knowledge, you’d not be so frikkin important and we’d not need safety reps. Rocket scientists work on rockets, not in the convenience food industry. Get over yourself princess.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kevevs, that was me and chums. But in full wedding fig, tails and all.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’d love to have seen that Captin.

aP
    Free Member

Been there, been thrown out in 91 riding a bike.
    More fool them went back to the condo, picked up the Lincoln Town Car – got it stuck for 90 minutes.
    Then went to Hardees.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MrsGrahamS needed some hot water to heat up a bottle for the bairn.

Eden Project earlier this week – wouldn’t heat up a microwave portion of beans for my little girls because they might heat them too much. I even promised to check the heat before ramming scalding hot beans down their throats, but alas no.

But they were happy to serve them a bowl of pasta that was equally hot and served in a bowl that was too hot to touch.

MrOvershoot

PeterPoddy – Member

There is no book entitled Health and Safety that prohibits things like this. Phrases like that are BS made up by employees that don’t know what they are talking about

There may well be a McD policy that states this, but that’s a different matter entirely, and should be based on risk assessments etc. I’ve had this argument with a little hitler at the recycling centre in Gosport when I unhitched my trailer to get it closer to the skip. There’s loads of reasons why this I’d safer than making a dozen 20 yard trips with armfuls of rubbish and I tried to explain it. But she went off to call the police! FFS!!

I’ll glady do what I’m told when it makes sense, but I’m a safety rep in one of the most dangerous industries in the UK and I know more than a bit about it, it has to be said! H&S is all about thinking about the task in hand, and doing it properly. Not mindless rules

Well said Peter as an Engineer who also has a NEBOSH qualification and it really annoys me when people say “its health & safety” innit.

No its not its just a poorly implemented rule that some faceless drone at your head office has dreamt up to make it look like he cares/gives a toss/can brown nose about.
    If someone has really gone out and completed a proper risk assessment that says cyclists are at a higher risk than usual from using the drive through kiosk, then I would love to see it/blow big holes in it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

STAND ASIDE, STAND ASIDE…

Now, what seems to be the problem here?

Ah, bloke what pretends to be posh on an internet forum is pwned (yes, pwned, Flashy) by some poor sod in doing a crappy job so’s they can pay their bills…

If It’d been me, I’d have served you.

I’d’ve shat in a bun and given you that. And you’d’ve probbly liked it, ‘cos your sort love that sort of thing.

Yet you appear to suffer from Small Angry Petty Man Syndrome?

What, Peterpoddy? Have you ever met him??? 😆

Obviously not. But don’t let that stop you making ridiculous assumptions. We like laughing at someone on here…

white101

did 1 in the front 3 in the back and claimed I was a taxi just doing my punters a favour, ‘they’ve been on the p!ss and just want a bit scran, what harm can it do you? its my taxi thats smell of your sh!te food’ then I asked for 4 big macs, and I think thats where it all fell apart

molgrips
    Free Member

TooTall – everyone should understand H&S imo. Then they could stop whinging about it and citing it when they cba to think about their situation.

aP – you in the US? Have I asked you that before?

Torminalis
    Free Member

After a work do a few weeks ago where the booze to food ratio was bad, myself and 2 colleagues successfully managed to impersonate a car and acquire burgers from the aforementioned shit vendor.

We thought we had made friends with a small group of local sportspeople in the queue until they pelted us with burgers from their surprisingly noisy car.

takisawa2

I got served at the Drive-Thru at Tyburn Island in B’ham whilst on a bike. They were laughing & said they’d never had anyone on a bike come through. This was about 15yrs ago mind.

I’ve a nagging urge to try it again, but holding a car door this time.

ell_tell
    Free Member

To be fair it is called a drive thru for that very reason. If they allowed everyone to walk through then they may as well do away with the whole drive thru concept and tell people to go inside the restaurant and order a take out!

TooTall
    Free Member

Obviously not. But don’t let that stop you making ridiculous assumptions.

When someone who claims some sort of expertise on a subject gets upset when someone evidently ignorant of the subject uses the wrong language, I see pettiness. When I see internet class warriors wading in, I’ll certainly bow to your superiority in that field.

Everyone should be aware of H&S etc. However, somewhere like McD’s can have a 200% PA staff turnover. Therefore, their training will concentrate on flipping burgers and safely using fryers, rather than on the nuances of Risk Assessments and their relation to H&S and the law.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Totall – you miss the point. People use the ” you can’t do that because of health and safety” excuse when actually its nothing to do with health and safety. It often some ill thought out rule or simply asking for something out of the usual

In this case it should have been ” its against our policy”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Captain, could you please return to the aforementioned purveyor of things in buns whilst driving a childs pedal car. You will then be able to say that you are in a car. Please video the episode and post on here once done as well.

cozz
    Free Member

about 10 yers ago i got served on rollerblades at a MC D drive through !

might try it on a spacehopper next time

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

When I see internet class warriors wading in, I’ll certainly bow to your superiority in that field.

You should bow down to my general superiority, sunshine. 😉

Why the personal attack on Poddy? Whassamatter; can’t you formulate an intelligent response, without resorting to insulting someone?

No, thought not.

Internet warrior? Ha! Have a look at yourself mate. 😆

EDIT: Just seen the tag. Woohoo! I am now officially AWESOME! 😀

Move aside, Surf-Mat.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘"Nah, I can't, it's elfernsafety, innit?"’ is closed to new replies.