Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Naffest film ever made
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Reign Of Fire.

Whaaaaat!?

scoob67
    Free Member

I can remember seeing one years ago called ‘The Gods Must Be Crazy’. Still don’t know if it was so bad it was hilarious or if it was actually comedy gold. Anyone mind of it?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Have any of you actually seen Brigadoon? Nothing mentioned here comes close.

A lot of people seem unable to differentiate films they didn’t enjoy to ones that are just naff.

People maybe didn’t enjoy Con Air but it’s a rather excellent action genre piece.

Gigi is the one that immediately springs to mind, as does the Wickerman remake. The Star Wars prequels were all pretty bad but Sex and the City 2 tales the biscuit surely. Awful all over the shop in so many ways.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Mac and me.

2 hour et copy and macdonalds advert.

An alien that has to have a thickshake to survive?

Dancing mcds staff…

Lionheart
    Free Member

Clearly no one here has tried Wing Commander !? check any critic – it is so desperately bad and I’ve yet to meet anyone ever who thinks other wise. Lots of naff films are good at being bad but this tries hard and is truely desperate. in fact its not naff as that would be sort of ok in a naff way this is desperate, just desperate.
    Once decribed as needing more than a suspension of belief but a completely f****ed up mind. What is does provide is the odd entertaining review.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg72wl2N_H4

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Anything wih ewan Mcgregor is worth avoiding, but special mention goes to the film “blue juice” as an example of hackneyed British tosh.

Pigface
    Free Member

Who ever said Jason and the Argonauts is feeble minded, as Jimjams said it is brilliant.

tinybits
    Free Member

Pacific rim. Utter, utter, utter bilge.

And don’t tell anyone I also secretly quite like it…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Marley and Me, watching it now, makes me want to pop my own dog in a sack with some bricks and cast it into the canal. 2 hrs of CRINGiFYING SH*T.

Toasty

Highlander V

Tragically I quite like about half the films mention in this thread.

crazy-legs

Its on TV right now (Channel 5 if you’re interested, home of naff films).

Top Gun.
    Almost so bad it’s good. Almost. But all naff.

Basically a string of factual and continuity errors wound round a hackneyed and clichéd script.

DezB
    Free Member

Highlander V

5?! Highlander? FIVE?? Blimey. I didn’t even make it to the end of the first one. How did they make 4 more?!? 😆

thorlz
    Free Member

As above Highlander 5? WTF.
    I do love the first highlander film.

Top Gun – cheesy but not awful, great aerial film work and soundtrack.

Worst film, too many to choose from, but Open Water is up there with the worst.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

All the fast & furious films

10’000 bc

All jurasic park films except the first one which is only ok at best.

Bringing out the dead ( Nic Cage again )

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Tragically I quite like about half the films mention in this thread.

That because an awful lot of them are half decent (or very good, birdman, wtf?!) and STW users have weird taste 😉

batfink
    Free Member

I saw “the homesman” a few weeks ago: appalling film.

Complete drivvel – you are completely confused for about 10 minutes afterwards, then you start getting angry because nothing makes sense.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sharknado, sand sharks and anything else with sharks on Syfy. Jurassic Park 2 and 3.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Mutant chronicles with John Malkovich and Ron Pearlman,total rubbish not even so bad it was almost good….

mrmoofo

I am surprised that this has got to three pages without Independence Day getting a mention. A truly awful film full of American bilge….

I have to say Birman was pretentious and awful , (Whiplash was just pretentious) but there are far worse films out there …
    Birman is possibly the first film I wanted to walk out of. The story was gash and the jazz drumming did my head in

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Battleship.

I’m still not sure if it was a spoof (intentionally or otherwise).

3 replies in!

I saw the reviews of this and who was in it. Then I caught it on TV a few months back and was weirdly transfixed for about 20 minutes before the wife asked me what crap it was that I was watching and I turned it off.

Mama Mia is so stupidly cringeworthy I’m ashamed to say I kinda enjoy it in a weird way.

And Blue Juice? No way, thats one of the best films ever!

fasthaggis

Birman is possibly the first film I wanted to walk out of. The story was gash and the jazz drumming did my head in

Darling,it’s clear that you were never meant to tread the boards.
    The film is an utter delight ,Mwah!

🙂

edlong
    Free Member

I was forced to take one of my children to see one of the seemingly many Alvin & The Chipmunks movies. It was not good.

seadog101

Cliffhanger – It had Stallone in it, should have known….

kwack
    Free Member

Mega Python vs Gatoroid – with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany

Some hilarious scenes – like when they are fighting in a pond or something and it all goes quiet after these monsters tear up a dinner party and Tiffany turns to Debbie and goes “I think we’re alone now”

Classic

fasthaggis

Cliffhanger ,the first 5 minutes is good,great filming 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

joat – Member
    Without a paddle. Friends I watched it with were laughing, which only added to my bemusement.

I’ve seen that one on TV a couple of times and quite enjoyed it.

Alex

Con Air isn’t naff. It’s great. Watched Top Gun again. Yeah it’s mostly terrible but with some fab bits in it. If you want naff, you’ve got be looking at Nick Cage (again) in HellRider and HellRider 2 and Tom Cruise in Legend.

Still they’ve not exactly starved on making rubbish movies eh?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Watched octopussy yesterday – my god it’s bad. Indian chap lying on a ‘bed of nails’ which were obviously rubber as you could see them all bending. Utter crap and probably the absolute low point of the 007 series.

BoardinBob

Has anyone mentioned The Happening with Mark Wahlberg? Hysterically bad. M Night Shyamalan’s fall from grace was quite spectacular. I’m almost tempted to watch his adaptation of The Last Airbender. Apparently they didn’t screentest it outside of the US, and they often shorten “Airbender” to just “bender” so in the UK it contains several hilarious lines such as “He’s a bender”, “here come the benders”, “the benders are attacking” etc.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Con Air – naff? Come off it. It’s ace – despite Cage. There are far worse examples of this genre.

Ok so it’s a kids film but the 1.5 hours of A Turtles Tale with the kids is time will never get back. Never have I seen a film so devoid of narrative, wit, interest or visual appeal. Just pap. Dire. Even the kids were asking when is it finishing….

DezB
    Free Member

Con Air – naff? Yes. Shit, naff, annoying, stupid, rubbish.
    You’re allowed to like it, though. As much as I’m allowed to dislike it, thanks.

andermt
    Free Member

The Cat from Outer Space

Even as a kid it was naff! can’t believe it has 5.9 stars on the IMDB.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Con Air – naff? Yes. Shit, naff, annoying, stupid, rubbish.
    You’re allowed to like it, though. As much as I’m allowed to dislike it, thanks.

Like arseholes, we’ve all got opinions eh? Don’t go getting annoyed by it though. It’s not like its important. Life’s too short. Jesus. 🙄

Danny79
    Free Member

Mate said “It’ll be good Jack’s films are always good.”
    Terrible.

DezB
    Free Member

Life’s too short. Jesus

AND STOP CALLING ME JESUS.

To be honest, that didn’t annoy me either. It’s not like I’m banging on the keys or anything.
    Con Air did annoy me though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I thought ‘Somethings Gotta Give’ was pretty good! 6/10 on the Naffness scale I’d say.

I watched American Sniper last night which I’m giving 8/10, ‘Wer’e heading out on patrol, got to keep a look out & be fully alert cos there’s bad guys out there trying to kill us, ahh well, while I’m not busy I’ll phone the wife’

NAFF OFF! Big disappointment that was, he doesn’t even have any sniping records. (unless he shot someone while being on the phone that is)

winston
    Free Member

Did some moron mention Blue Juice and naff in the same sentence earlier?

I don’t friggin think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFjRxN3pw9s[/video]

…well perhaps it is but is UK NAFF and that’s a lot betterer than US naff!

CriticalThinker
    Free Member

Any Police Academy movie…….

welshfarmer

Vertical Limit

The trailer made it look so good. I even bought the DVD on Ebay. God, it was carp.

And don’t start me on “The Kings Speech”. Yawn……

kjcc25
    Free Member

Well it has to be Star Wars, I’ve tried a few times to watch it all the way through and have not made it yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Naffest film ever made’ is closed to new replies.