Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • My "ugly" new 29er FS bike…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Just finished this, and taken a quick and dirty photo… Personally I think it’s not a bad looking bike, but then in another thread several people were saying how ugly they thought Ghosts were! Hey ho… I do still own a Maverick frame! 😉

bikeneil
    Free Member

It kinda looks like a Carrera.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the neighbours won’t thank you for using that tyre on the turbo’…

Northwind

I like it. Shame about the white forks 😉 Just looks like a bike, really nice colour.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just looks like a Trek, but a bit more generic. Hardly ugly.

Euro
    Free Member

😆

z1ppy

Wot no dropper? Look surprisingly lovely in real life 😀

mboy
    Free Member

It kinda looks like a Carrera.

Was expecting worse!

the neighbours won’t thank you for using that tyre on the turbo’…

Hehe, Turbo is the shop’s. This won’t be going on the turbo.

I like it. Shame about the white forks Just looks like a bike, really nice colour.

Personally, I really think the white forks suit it much better than the black ones.

Just looks like a Trek, but a bit more generic. Hardly ugly.

In the grand scheme of things, that’s a compliment! It pretty much looks like a 29er version of the Fuel EX, but slightly swoopier frame lines and a shorter back end.

Wot no dropper?

Debating to put it on this, or the Sync just now. Both have a rigid post in right now, will make my mind up soon.

mjsmke

I think it looks nice. I like the shape of the frame. I still think big wheels on small frame look a little silly though.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

When I was 18 I sliced my leg open climbing out of a girl’s B&B window in Torquay at 4.30 am before dropping around 15 feet to a concrete floor, spraining my ankle quite badly. In absolute agony, and covered in blood I ever so quietly tip toed off down the street, terrified that she might wake up.

She was better looking than this bike.

robowns
    Free Member

The frame looks good, just not keen on the forks. The black crown and white lower combo just looks a bit cheap, needs to be uniform.

daveells
    Free Member

looks like a nicked bike

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks a bit like the down tube off a 456carbon, which isn’t a good thing IMHO

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

29ers for short arses always look odd IMO.

Speshpaul

The good thing about a bike, unlike a ugly girl is that you can’t see it when you are riding.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You’re right. It’s ugly. But I can’t talk.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

None of those are ugly, google giant trance 29er. Barftastic.

mboy
    Free Member

Loving the short arse comments! I’m 6 inches taller (it’s a medium sized frame) than a certain T-Mo and she seems to do alright on a 29er!

The good thing about a bike, unlike a ugly girl is that you can’t see it when you are riding.

Too true! Less social stigma owning up to riding an ugly bike too. Besides, everyone knows the fat/ugly ones are usually a better ride! 😉

takisawa2

Stick a Cotic sticker on it & this would be a love -in

Looks ok to me, but then I like green bikes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, ‘raw’ bikes really do look gash… 🙁

Northwind

It’d fit perfectly into my garage full of nondescript grey and silver bikes tbh. Well, once it’s been smashed up. All you h8ers…

rickon
    Free Member

Science officer, that Sultan is chuffing lovely! Any excuse to post a Turner photo, eh 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Rickon, you can’t go around being all complimentary like that. This is STW you know. Wind your neck in!

😀

mboy
    Free Member

Yup, ‘raw’ bikes really do look gash…

Funnily enough it’s not raw. It’s actually painted, though it doesn’t look like it.

Each to their own though, I grew up riding in the 90’s lusting after raw finish Zaskar’s and Cannondales.

walleater

Looks like I have the same basic bike? For only 100/110mm travel, it’s a very capable bike:

mboy
    Free Member

Nice!

What size is that walleater? And how tall are you if you don’t mind me asking?

walleater

Thanks!

I’m 6ft tall and it’s a ‘Large’ which I’m pretty sure is 19″. It still feels nice and roomy with a 60mm stem.

silver with white forks looks sh1te tbh

even the one with the black forks looks a bit shit

i had a silver frame with red forks that looked ok

_tom_
    Free Member

mboy I don’t reckon it looks that bad. Better than a lot of shite I see posted on this forum 😆

Yup, ‘raw’ bikes really do look gash…

What’s wrong with you?! Raw is the best “finish” on a bike!

slackman99
    Free Member

I like the look of these Ghosts. I might be biased as i’m currently on a child like whinge to the missus to let me buy one!

Out of interest walleater, what are the Rebas like? Do you know if you can up them to 120mm by removing a spacer?

mboy
    Free Member

Finally rode it today for the first time…

All initial signs point to good. Aside from slight teething troubles with front mech not shifting properly (my fault, should have given it a road test first) the bike rides really well. Feels a lot like the Kona 29er HT it has replaced, only with 4″ of efficient suspension on the back.

Best way to describe the bike is that it feels fast and efficient like the 26″ version, but a lot less flightly. It’s certainly short and chuckable for a 29er (I’ve ridden 26″ bikes that feel more barge like) and the angles and geometry feel pretty spot on. 120mm fork up front hasn’t slackened it too much at all, and it feels just about stable enough on the descents, but still agile enough for the very tight twisties.

postierich
    Free Member

keep kidding yourself 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘My "ugly" new 29er FS bike…’ is closed to new replies.