Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • my rear brake is now not working, any mechanical advice please…?
  • shighter
    Free Member

hi im looking for some constructive advice please, i am absolutely useless when it comes to bike maintance, i.e why the question!. i have a stock stand 2010 orange p7 with exilir 3 brakes. i havent ridden it for a couple of months ,went to ride it today and noticed the rear wheel was a bit sticky so i loosed up the bolts near the rear brake and also the cable then retightened them . now the wheel is moving freely but when i pull the rear brake lever nothing happens, the rear brake now isnt working. i have done the process again but still the rear brake isnt working..? any suggestions please 😥

kiwijohn

Take it to a shop.
    Really, it’s for the best.

stumpy01

What do you mean you loosened bolts by the rear brake & the cable?

What exactly did you loosen? You do know that is isn’t a cable, but a hydraulic hose full of fluid?

If the rear wheel was sticky, it was probably the disc slightly fouling the brake caliper. The normal remedy for this is to loosen the bolts holding the caliper to the frame (not too much), pull the brake lever to centre the caliper on the disc & then tighten the bolts back up (each one a little at a time) while keeping the brake lever pressed.

nosedive
    Free Member

remove brake
    replace with shimano
    ride bike

shighter
    Free Member

thanks for the assistance, especially nosedive 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘my rear brake is now not working, any mechanical advice please…?’ is closed to new replies.