Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • My new Stanton
  • mboy
    Free Member

So here it is, ready and waiting to hit the trails…

Sorry for so many pics, just playing with my new camera! 🙂

Anyway… Had a quick razz round the carpark, so far so good. Will hopefully get it out on a ride soon and give it a good test.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Very nice. Stanton do make extremely attractive frames.

downhilldave

Nice that. Would add some protection to the seat tube where the cables cross over though. What are the Dt 350 hubs like? Was thinking about some for a L/B carbon wheelset

steel4real
    Free Member

Very nice – I’ve been trying to get some details from them about a Switchback.

How did you find their responses by email as that seems to be the only way to communicate ?

I’m not getting any replies 🙁

NormalMan

Nice bike Mark.

Which saddle? I’m going through saddle indecision at the moment!

Look forward to hearing how the first proper ride goes too btw.

stevied
    Free Member

Very nice.

deluded
    Free Member

That is a very fine looking bike that will be a blast to ride.

iainc

looks lovely, old school wheel size too ? 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

How did you find their responses by email as that seems to be the only way to communicate ?

I’m not getting any replies

Feel free to drop me an email… info @ missinglinkbikes DOT co DOT uk

In Dan’s absence (he’s mega busy right now, I’ve tried calling him a couple of times this week with no response) I’ll do my best to help answer any questions I can.

Stanton do make extremely attractive frames.

I wholeheartedly agree! Got a Sherpa here that needs building up too… :mrgreen:

Nice that. Would add some protection to the seat tube where the cables cross over though.

Will do, cable rub areas will be protected before it gets ridden, and a chainstay protector too…

What are the Dt 350 hubs like? Was thinking about some for a L/B carbon wheelset

Been using DT Swiss pretty much exclusively for years now. They’re ace! The 350 is basically a 240 but with a cheaper, less machined out hub body. Same internals though which is the important bit. The 350’s are marginally lighter than Hope Pro2 Evo’s for instance, whereas the 240’s are quite a bit lighter but twice the price!

Which saddle? I’m going through saddle indecision at the moment!

Saddle and post robbed off my Sync just for the time being. It’s a PRO Turnix 142mm Anatomical Fit with Ti rails. Definitely one of the better saddles I’ve ridden over the last couple of years, though not perfect.

looks lovely, old school wheel size too ?

Cheers, and indeed! This bike is going to be all about the smiles, much less about the miles and/or the pace of the ride.

NormalMan

Thanks for the saddle feedback. Hard to tell in the pic but is it red or orange trim?

mboy
    Free Member

Saddle is black, white and grey, with a tiny red logo tag near the front of the rails.

NormalMan

It was the logo I was trying to colour match 😉 thanks Mark.

Enjoy the new bike.

binners

That sure is purty! There’s nothing else looks quite as right as a nicely put together steel hardtail!

dannyh
    Free Member

Now that is one sweet-looking bike. Enjoy!

dan77
    Free Member

Very nice, I took mine out for its first proper ride today, I doubt you’ll be disappointed! Here she is,

dan77
    Free Member

I’m not getting any replies

Try Facebook, that’s how I was keeping in touch,

mboy
    Free Member

What fork travel you running dan77?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I like your bike

mindmap3
    Free Member

Looks good.

I love my Slackline, it’s a bit small for me and I don’t think it climbs well but it’s just so mch fun…it’s more or less replaced my Banshee. Whenever I head out for a ride I take it.

neil853
    Free Member

Absolutely lovely that, if I didnt have my fireline a sherpa would be very high on the list. Ive got some 350’s for my new enduro bike, straight pull ones on lightbycle rims, stunningly light very impressed with them.

dan77
    Free Member

140mm

karlsbug
    Free Member

Love it! I love my 853 Slackline, will only ever sell for a 631 or Switchback. Experimentally running rigid at the moment with a gusset fork, immense fun.

kayla1
    Free Member

Mark, I sent you an email about the wheels I paid for 10 days ago, can you answer it please? Ta.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Does the slackline have internal / stealth dropper cable routing? Or just external routing?

woodster

Does the slackline have internal / stealth dropper cable routing? Or just external routing?

Just external.

Looks great mboy, but I am biased!

duir
    Free Member

Stanton say you can’t drill into steel without weakening it. That confuses me as I always think of steel as very strong, then I get even more confused when I see the bottle cage bosses drilled into the down tube of my Slackline and finally http://www.farrercycles.co.uk/loamranger/ where apparently you can drill a stealth dropper hole in a slack steel frame hardtail after all!

I think it’s something to do with the thickness of the tubing at that point of the seat tube. Seems the only omission on an otherwise superb frame.

karlsbug
    Free Member

Hmm, that Farrer is a beaut.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘My new Stanton’ is closed to new replies.