• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My 'new' roadbike
  • hora
    Free Member

http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/30625376@N06/13327223803/sizes/l/

Yes its old. I quit road riding as a hobby two years after this was made. Its in fantastic condition ready to roam for miles. Its not carbon-fast but its capable. Two new tyres and its my evening training bike 😀

Anyone have any spare spd’s? DXs are temporary of course.

I feel a certain romanticism? to the bike/venture 8)

scaredypants

either your link or my skillz isn’t working

then again, if it’s not carbon-fast, …

Jamie
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

How much extra is fast carbon over slow or steady carbon?

hora
    Free Member

N+1?

scaredypants

jamie, how did you get to that from hora’s link ?

🙁

(Edit; don’t bother, got it)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks heavy that.

RustySpanner

Hora, that is lovely.
    Nice saddle too.

Go on, how much?

Bregante

Give us a shout when you want an evening spin out.

Obviously subject to road conditions, air moisture content, ambient temperature, windspeed and pollen levels 8)

eskay

Was that of of the classifieds? Saw one similar for sale on a website earlier this week (can’t remember if was this one!). Would have been tempted myself but it was too far away.

Nice classic bike, centre pull brakes and down bar shifters. What rims does it have on?

hora
    Free Member

Yep from —-> bregante your on. Airport loop one nice evening?

They are mavics

Bregante

Rafts of stuff out through lymm and beyond. Delamere is doable! I thought noise pollution would be a problem for you near the airport??

hora
    Free Member

Im in 😀

JoeG
    Free Member
    MrSmith
    Free Member

Is putting your hands on the drops physically possible for you? (while sat on the saddle)

hora
    Free Member

I’ve not tried. Ive rested my hands on the hoods. Ive also raised the stem since the pic. The front is racer low and ‘nimble’ though so maybe it was a custom build back in 88? Or just the angles were pretty generic back then.

hora
    Free Member

Update- Considering its ‘old’ I really really like it. The wheels are well-built- no flex, very stiff. The only way I can fault is possibly it needs a stiffer(?) BB installing as when I stand up to pedal I’m sure theres play in the spindles (not triangle/BB flex).

mrblobby
    Free Member

As much as I like a retro road bike, as for not being able to fault it… have you ridden a decent contemporary road bike?

hora
    Free Member

Good point. I’ve had shortish (2mile) spins On

Giant TCR carbon
    Giant Defy3 carbon
    and another higher than ^ (all at the same shop)

The Defy was the one I felt most ‘at home’ on- the Third was race-stiff.

The retro road bike is quite stiff, almost very stiff for an old steel frame but weirdly I like that.

The thing is, I can ride mine and sell it on for similar money. The carbon bikes aren’t 10times better bikes *but I do see/get your point.

When I’m ready- the plan is to upgrade to a decent carbon/Ultegra bike but for now I’m more than happy as its not a 26yr old clunker like you’d think it’d be.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My 'new' roadbike’ is closed to new replies.