Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • My first car accident this morning
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Autos are handy for not stalling 😉

TBH I can't have my car with anything but an auto. It's a six speed ZF number with flappy paddles and it's pretty good really but there is the occasional moment of missing a manual (which the other car is).

Now Mercedes and their foot/hand operated handbrake – WHY?!!!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Dooooouble poooooostt…

ell_tell
    Free Member

Trail rat – I leave enough gap to make sure I can see the bottom of the tyres of the car in front – a thing I learned in Cop training

Ditto that. When I rear ended a car on the M5 which resulted in 5 cars shunting each other up the backside, the police gave the first 4 cars (myself and 3 others) the option of all being charged for driving without due care and attention or letting our insurance companies sort it out.

We all opted for option 2 but I presumed the other drivers were at fault for not leaving a large enough gap to the car in front.

afrothunder88

7 years, no accidents so I'll keep voicing my opinions thanks.

scaredypants

I once rear-ended a car in my kit car at a traffic light because I thought I'd stopped – was still rolling at about 2mph (long story, none of it admissible as an excuse) 😳 🙄

did no damage at all to other car, despite it having no bumper fitted due to a prior crash & pending repair but crushed the nosecone of my car into the radiator and I had to stop every mile or 2 on the way home to refill. The other driver laughed his arse off, as of course he should. He didn't even feel the bump, just wondered why I'd got out of my car

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Surf-mat – you sure you learnt that in cop training? Just that the tyres on tarmac thing is standard teaching for noobs.

17yrs and no fault crashes btw.

runswithscissors

'twas karma, you should've paid your mayhem fee as promised last year!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘My first car accident this morning’ is closed to new replies.