Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • My bike in my car.
  • samsmedium
    Free Member

Has anyone tried a new shape Octavia hatchback, without the seats down? I’m hoping it will manage with the wheels off? (For stealth city bike storage)

patagonian
    Free Member

Haven’t tried a TT but you can get a Boardman FS 26er in an R8

Xylene
    Free Member

I got three murdered prostitutes, 4 spades, 4 29″ XL FS Specialized Cambers Pro Elites, 4xtwo wheeled trailers, a weeks worth of chocolate hobnobs, four tens, 10kg of lye, a full sized canadian 6foot tree cutting chainsaw, 3 members of my bike group, my wife, her 8 inlaws, not including the FIL, our 2 year old daughter, her car seat, her dolly collection, four st. bernards, 3 great danes, four Danish people from the national wrestling team, 8 bags of cement, and a tea cup in a 1991 Fiat Uno

jambalaya
    Free Member

Galaxy. Brilliant flexible load and people carrier. 3 bikes, numerous spares, camping gear. 4 people. Not optimally packed here as it was only 1 mile uphill back to apartment from the bar 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anyone got a HRV? Interested to see if its any bigger boot wise than my civic.

dans160
    Free Member

My Long demo 8 fits in the back of my Mk2 TT with the wheels off and the rear seats down.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Quirrel – I call bollocks on the tea cup!

OCB
    Free Member

Our Peugeot Partner van literally swallows bicycles, total number not tested, but you seem to just be able to keep putting them in, one after another.

My 110 ‘station wagon’ on the other hand … will take three, but only with some of the second row of seats out (which in my truck – is easier than messing about taking bicycle wheels off). I might be able to squeeze another one in, but couldn’t then carry it’s rider.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Core – i’ve just sold my Golf as it was a bit of a faff getting the bike in the back. Bought a a Kia Sportage 2.0 diesel, does 36-39 mpg, its not particularly long but nice and wide and the boot floor is level with the lip so sliding the bike in is easy

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I raise you.. a 26er hardtail in a Mini Cooper (it will take bigger bikes, mind!)

RoterStern
    Free Member

Saw a cyclo cross bike packed into the back of an Aston Martin DB9 today at a cross race. Not every day you see that…especially here in Germany!

mjsmke

I’ll try to find the pic later but I can fit 2 29ers in a Fiat 500 without loosing the passenger seat.

parkstar
    Free Member

Impressed at the hard tail in the mini…. Not a chance of getting a large suppressor in mine!

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Semi-fat Pact WeirdCat inside Ford Fusion.

Cheers!
    I.

petrieboy

2 bikes (in the bag) and a shi7 lid of wine in a Caravelle

takisawa2

Galaxy.
    Loads of room.
    Not the most reliable vehicle, but as a caravan dragging, kid hauling, bike lugging bus, it’s great.
    And does 35mpg most of the time.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/eMmFU3]IMAG1101[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

midlifecrashes

Can I play? XL Fargo in an MX5. Yes, the electric hard top did close.

pdw
    Free Member

If we’re doing cars that bikes don’t really fit in…

busta
    Free Member

2 bikes and 2 adults in a Suzuki Jimny with just the front wheels off.

I_Ache
    Free Member

pdw I cant stop looking at those arches, I want that car.

tillydog
    Free Member

pdw I cant stop looking at those arches, I want that car.

Is it an old Renault 5 Turbo ?? Looks in decent nick.

matt_outandabout

New Galaxy.

Boot, Islabike 26″ or most other 26″ HT, and fortnight of family gear for holiday. Seats still go forward if needed some more.

And of course there is also loadin on the outside. Same holiday to South of France.

busta
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s a Renault 5 made to look like a BMW M Coupe.

I_Ache
    Free Member

tillydog

Not quite. Its a BMW Z3M Coupe.

rsl1
    Free Member

I was quite proud of 3 people and 3 bikes in an old style 3 door corsa. I don’t think it was too uncomfortable either.

mcnultycop

Is300h = roof rack only!

JoeG
    Free Member

gonzy
    Free Member

2010 C-Max

the wheels have to come off because the rear seat design is stupid!
    i can probably squeeze 3 bikes in there but it means i can only have 2 passengers in the car

zinaru
    Free Member

i don’t drive but when my wife went car shopping, i had two requirements – the fat fronted jones had to fit in the back and the car can’t be maroon coloured (football reasons).

our shiney new fiat 500 works a treat on both count!

crispycross
    Free Member

Two hardtails (one 26″, one 29″), two tents, two people and a coolbox in a classic mini.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Not entirely relevant, but I was thrilled to discover this weekend that my Berlingo will accommodate a fully built and ludicrously big Matchless G3.

I’ve not quite worked out how I’d strap it down though…

shifter
    Free Member

Now that’s cool.

This maybe less so:

Medium 2013 Kona Process in an Astra estate. Bit snug with the post up and the back wheel in, usually drop it and take both wheels out.
    I have a picture somewhere of three bikes in there and the smaller rear seat up. It wasn’t pretty, and I wouldn’t want to be back there, but they went in.

zippykona

Trying to put my bike with full mudguards in the car has always been a nightmare.
    With our new car the middle seat folds away and can now transport it easily.
    Grand c max.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

How does this count?

18 fat bikes on one car 😀

And no, it is not in USA, far from there. Not even Western Europe 🙂
    To be precise Chocho?owska Valley in Polish Tatry mountains 🙂

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘My bike in my car.’ is closed to new replies.