Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • My biggest lottery win
  • emsz
    Free Member

Matched 3 and a lucky star. I was massively overexcited for a bit until I found out it was less than £20!

Oh well off to the shops for sweeties

toys19
    Free Member

10.90 on euromillions a few yearsd ago, got 7.70 on euromillions alst weekend.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

£20 of lemon sherberts and you HAVE won the lottery 😛

M1llh0use
    Free Member

managed just over £70 for 4 numbers a while back. disappointment was huge!!

willard

Managed a stunning 2 quid on a scratchcard last month, but then got the shock of my life when ,my Euro millions ticket landed me a whopping £7.70! Trebles all round! (of Fanta)

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s pretty sad when that’s all you get for four numbers! Until about 15 months ago (which coincidentally or rather not coincidentally, is when our son was born) I had never played the lottery in my life. Now I find myself buying the cheeky ticket here and there.

As an aside, I used to work with a guy called ‘Giles Farmer’. Swear to god. He was a top bloke; had a wicked sense of humour!

allthegear
    Free Member

I got four numbers on the first ever draw. Never had more than three since…

Rachel

allthegear
    Free Member

It was the first four numbers drawn out of the machine, too. Thought I was going to have a heart attack!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Mrsmitch got five numbers and the bonus ball a few years back (actually about twelve years), and was bitterly dissapointed to find she’d actually won about a grand and a half. Better than a flick on the nads with a damp towel, but still…

tails
    Free Member

£10 about 3 times must have spent hundreds on tickets, but I’m still positive I’m going to win and become a rich hippy with an orchard of lemon trees in somewhere warm such as South Asia

farmer-giles
    Free Member

hi GT,
    yes we did work together. i have since got out of the male prostitution business, but i pressume business is stll good for a young cutie like you? 😆

tang
    Free Member

my step gran did the same numbers without fail for years until some bloke at the church said it never works and she should do some new ones this week. you guessed it; her old numbers all came up on a big win! she was so gutted.

tails
    Free Member

my step gran did the same numbers without fail for years until some bloke at the church said it never works and she should do some new ones this week. you guessed it; her old numbers all came up on a big win! she was so gutted.

Don’t worry jesus will fly her to the caribbean!

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 numbers twice (around £70) and numerous other smaller wins.

Girl i used to work with joined an office syndicate and they won a fixed Bonus prize on the Xmas euro lottery – around £2m. They each got £200k but not her as the winning line was from the week before she joined so she wasn’t able to share the win. She was gutted. Don’t blame her to be honest!

Junkyard
    Free Member

saved another quid this week 😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

a mate got 5 numbers.

Just under 4k is what he won.

geetee1972
    Free Member

yes we did work together. i have since got out of the male prostitution business, but i pressume business is stll good for a young cutie like you?

Times have been hard (metaphorically not literally). I haven’t worked since the ‘Dave Bromance thread’.

Seriously though, it would be pretty funky if you were Giles Farmer.

oddjob
    Free Member

Lottery = tax on optomism (or stupidity depending on the day I am having)

Spongebob
    Free Member

I’ve won £10 quite a few times, but the biggest was £60 last year (matched 4 numbers). The euphoria was shortlived as I promptly discovered my bank account was over £100 in the red.

hora
    Free Member

I once won £79. I spent it all celebrating my win on rounds for friends 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

It was the first four numbers drawn out of the machine, too. Thought I was going to have a heart attack!

I had the same, first three number drawn were matches and an impending heart attack, oh the relief when the fourth number differed and normal service was resumed.
    I had a couple of 10 quid wins in the UK and went through a spell of 3-4 months of winning something every week here, anything from 1,00€ to 15,00€.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

GT – the really funy thing here is my name is not giles and i’m not a farmer.
    the feds will never find my true identity – hahaha!

loddrik
    Free Member

I got 5 numbers on my birthday about 9 years ago. The bonus was 26 but my 6th number was 25! It was a wednesday too so 5 numbers only got me around £1600.

For a few seconds i honestly thought I’d won! Came bloody close though…

Harry_the_Spider

They got £4.2m on our shop floor a few years ago. £100k+ each.

The local BMW dealership had a busy couple of weeks.

incognito
    Free Member

I’ve been in a syndicate since it started, we’ve had a minimum of 13 people in it but for the last few years we’ve had 19. The most we’ve ever won is about £90 (4 numbers). I reckon we’ve ‘invested’ over £12,000 since it started. All the winnings go towards lucky dips when it’s a roll-over too. I don’t bother doing my own lines.

this time next year rodders…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

My wife worked with a woman who won 3 million! That was pretty cool. She lived in Govan and the lotto people turned up and moved her out pretty sharpish.

She met her a few years ago and she invested the money in her nice house, sent herself to uni and put her kids to uni/college too. She told her bum of an ex husband to beat it lol.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

£60 is the best yet for me

catnap
    Free Member

9 years ago i got 5 numbers and won £2700, crap 1 number off the jackpot 😉
    won £250 twice on the same game scratchcard 😆

emsz
    Free Member

Ive bought an aloe vera plant with my winnings It’s lovely.wonder if I can make my own shampoo LOL

andytherocketeer

My best was £636 on the pools. I just put some random X’s on the form and won. Then quit while I was ahead.

Best on the lottery was 4 numbers, but wasn’t that much winnings, even back then when Mystic Meg was on the show.

KonaTC

I have invested a £1 a week since Oct 97 and to date I have won…. £40

Can’t bring myself to give up because the fist week would have been the big win

Hohum
    Free Member

4 numbers and 60 odd quid is the most I have ever won on it.

bear-uk
    Free Member

5 numbers twice a few years back. £1711 & £1722 withing a couple of months, then next to nowt since.

Hadge
    Free Member

This is gods honest truth but my mate won two £10’s by having 3 numbers on the two lines on his ticket – only thing is he had all six numbers – 3 on one line and the other 3 on the other! How unlucky is that!!!!!! £20 instead of a few million 😥

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I won six hundred thousand Euros on the Spanish lottery a few years ago.

Surprisingly, so did quite a few people I know!

Bizarrely, we’re none the richer….

colnagokid

As part of a syndacate of 12, wegot 5 numbers up, got £120ish each. Spent it on an afternoon/evening on the drink along with the other winners 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

£10 is the largest “jackpot” I won. 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 numbers & numerous £10 for 3, but my most unlucky was…3 numbers so I had £10 & my other 3 numbers were all 1 out!
    3 weeks ago I put a lucky dip on instead of my usuals, if I’d put them on I would’ve won £63 🙁

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘My biggest lottery win’ is closed to new replies.