Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Music streaming apps. Spotify, Deezer etc
  • ransos
    Free Member

At the risk of reviving the whole hifi argument, that’s what’s known as “bollocks”.

The placebo effect is strong in this one.

blitz

Spotify premium for £5 per month on student rate using an ‘alumni’ NUS card which costs £12.

andybrad

used deezer a lot and its ok.

currently on a google play family plan. Seems good and more choice

Drac

I was thinking of Deezer lossless (buy and download only) and Qobuz…

But Deezer is £14.99 and Qoboz is the same as Tidal?

ampthill

Spotify, Apple and Deezer are available in 320kbps only. Poor quality reproduction.

Back in the day of ripping cds I tried various bit rates

There is no way on any equipment I owned I could tell 320 from even 192 kbps

That doesn’t mean that you can’t on you gear with your ears. But it would be a waste for me to spend more

This blog seems to show that lots of people can’t tell 320 kbps from lossless

http://archimago.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2013-02-25T00:19:00-08:00&max-results=50&start=54&by-date=false

But I ran out of steam reading it

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You could try your own test. Spotify and Tidal are both available on a free 30 day trial.

Sign in, grab the same tune on both and compare.

I’d be interested in your results.

nickdavies

I’d be amazed if average hifi could give you a difference between 356 and 1150 or whatever it is kbps. I’d be more amazed if the op could tell the difference at 60mph on the a14 on the morning commute…

I’m intrigued enough to have a go though, just installed tidal on the sonos but it wants card details for a free trial which I never like. I’ll have a go though, see if the little sonos is good enough to give a benefit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Look forward to the result on that, Nick.

What’s the rest of your kit after the Sonos?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Music streaming apps. Spotify, Deezer etc’ is closed to new replies.