Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • Mumsnet – it's got a bit heated offline
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Fails miserably to back it up with evidence when pushed

Oh, he had evidence when pushed. That’s why his account is still active. He was simply mistaken.[/quote]

True to form, he provided what he sees as evidence.

And true to form, it failed to back up his accusations.

Cougar

with no justification for posts being removed or being banned, it can seem a touch biased.

I’ve just checked back in the logs as you suggested, just to verify my facts.

When I deleted your first round of inappropriate posts on the 7/7 thread, I sent you a warning thusly: “If there is a time and a place for these stories, this thread and today is not it. Kindly desist.”

You then followed this up with another lengthy ‘cover up’ post, closing with “(Awaits wrath of Cougar)” – ie, you were deliberately posting after being asked not to. This is why you earned yourself a ban, and this too was explained to you at the time. (As an aside, it wasn’t me who actioned the ban, it’s the first time I’ve seen that post.)

I’m not sure how this constitutes “no justification” unless of course you’ve given us a fake email account and aren’t receiving our communications. In which case, that’s your outlook (and breaks the T&Cs so I suggest you rectify it if so).

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Whatever neal, my cakes would totally spank yours and I’m pretty good at dressing ladies mannequins for shop windows too.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m glad you’ve checked the logs Cougar… how many other similar instances come to light?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DD? What’s everyone’s favourite diminutive IrishBristolian done now?

Cougar

I’m glad you’ve checked the logs Cougar… how many other similar instances come to light?

There is a shade over seven million posts on STW. Much as I’d like to check them all, you’ll have to be more specific if there’s anything else you’d like me to explain in public for you.

If not, I suggest we move on back to the original thread.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

That sounds like a wonderful idea, we should’ve tried it 2 pages ago…

Now, about my stretch marks and split ends

bigblackshed

Still waiting for evidence of non-moderated posts………

Tea is going cold and the soggy biscuit about to drop in the mug………

#Makes you think though……….

Edit: bugger, beaten to it. 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tea is going cold and the soggy biscuit about to drop in the mug………

Looks more like a beaker to me.

vickypea
    Free Member

I tried mumsnet for a while and I found it very unpleasant, unwelcoming place. Several members advised me that it took them a year before they were acknowledged or accepted In the form “community”, and that I should just stick with it for a few more months. What kind of nonsense is that? Give me STW any day!

matt_outandabout

Looks more like a beaker to me.

*spits water out*

bearnecessities

It’s not water.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ll say it again… “what a massive shock”

piemonster

Pretty sure I’ve reported at least one Jive’s posts for being in bad taste.

Iirc something to do with the holocaust.

scaredypants

soggy bisuit

ewww, FFS, next you’ll be emailing photos of your cock 🙄

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve reported at least one Jive’s posts for being in bad taste.

Iirc something to do with the holocaust.

Strangely enough, Eva Mozes Kor a survivor of childhood experiments in Auschwitz thanked me for providing her with leads to help her uncover documentation regarding what she endured.

Those leads went to the CIA…

What I post may sometimes be disturbing and challenging, but I have no intention of offending.

piemonster

Your post was neither challenging or disturbing.

Just inappropriate

Mark

Good grief!

I banned him!
    He’s gone for a bit.

allthepies
    Free Member

Other mail clients are available 😛

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’d just like to say well done to Cougar for the handling in this thread. Option 3 on the previous had me chuckling as well.

Drac

**** me!

Drac was on Jim’ll Fix it?

I did write to him a few times but I guess I wasn’t his type. I have met Prince Charles though. Makes you think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mark is a lizard. So is Drac. See above for all the proof you need.

Cougar

Other mail clients are available

Oh, very good. I’d have been proud of that one if it’d been intentional.

duckman

Well done Cougar! Grace under pressure…Now about them lizard overlords…

moose
    Free Member

Thank god for that. I’ve never read so much drivel in a while as I have in his posts. Clearly he’s on unsupervised care in the community.

MoreCashThanDash

Certainly makes you think…..

Not sure if it was patience beyond the call of duty or letting him get enough rope to hang himself, but well handled by the powers that be.

moose
    Free Member

Certainly makes you think…..

Not sure if it was patience beyond the call of duty or letting him get enough rope to hang himself, but well handled by the powers that be.

Certainly made my head hurt.

Cougar

(-:

Mumsnet, then?

matt_outandabout

Just don’t be surprised when the SWAT team turn up on your doorstep tonight. Just saying like….

aracer
    Free Member

I hope you explained why

Bit tame compared to here

MoreCashThanDash

I’m waiting for the Mumsnet hacker to link my username there to my username here. My whole life will unravel in the public gaze.

Apart from the bits on Ashley Madison, obviously…..

teasel
    Free Member

Well done Cougar! Grace under pressure

I disagree. Posting up details of a private email* exchange is not very becoming.

*I assume it was email and not a private text message to his phone or something… 😉

Edit : Unless JHJ was warned on the thread, in which case ignore me. Though I still think the best and most graceful course of action would be to totally blank the member in question. Y’know, like a male lion does with competition.

stumpyjon

Mark, thank you, could you make it permenant for everyone’s sake, espcially jhj. Maybe he see how long he could last on Mumsnet (#makes you think).

Cougar

Posting up details of a private email* exchange is not very becoming.

It wasn’t really an “exchange” beyond a Warning and what’s in the thread. I see no privacy issues in making public an email I sent, particularly given that it was made public in response to an… enquiry from the original recipient who chose to make the issue public in the first place. If it was someone else’s email I’d wholly agree, that’s bad form. But not what I did.

thejesmonddingo

There have been some interesting posters on here over the years,some of who have been banned,I liked TJ,but he couldn’t let an arguement go,and Elfin was another,but JHJ is the only one who I think ought to be in a supervised environment of some description.

teasel
    Free Member

It’s an unnecessary addition IMO.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cripes, what a thread..

It may not be the “best” thread of 2015 but for sure it must get an award for one of the most “challenging”

😯

JulianA
    Free Member

teasel – Member
    It’s an unnecessary addition IMO.

In what respect?

teasel
    Free Member

It was a private communication, albeit only Cougar’s side, but it’s private and should stay that way.

Look, it’s just my opinion. I seem to remember something similar being done before on more than one occasion, though not necessarily from Cougar. I think it’s uncalled for, is all.

I’ll just sit here and chill and keep my fingers away from my keyboard.

Cougar

I’m not sure as I agree, but I’ll and give that some thought. Thank you.

I’m a big advocate of transparency to a point of being too transparent sometimes perhaps. (But he told me to check the logs…!)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Mumsnet – it's got a bit heated offline’ is closed to new replies.