Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB pants for the tall and skinny
  • richardkennerley

Fancy trying a pair for winter riding (usually do shorts, knee pads and snow board socks.)

Would normally buy 30/34 pants, but due to the small/medium/large style of the sizing, the few I’ve checked so far would put me in XS small pants…. But I’m 6’2!

Anyone in similar size situation got a good recommendation?

peteza
    Free Member

Alpkit Floe in a small/long might work.

GolfChick
    Free Member

It’s been discussed before and I doubt it’s changed much, here.

coconut
    Free Member

I ride in Giro Havoc trousers (Size medium), I’m 6:2ft, 32inch inside leg and they fit great. The Giro’s are light weight and very well vented, they are not waterproof but dry quickly. Hunt around as they are not worth full RRP at £120, I picked mine up around £70. The Havoc is realy really good. If it’s colder I use O’Neal trousers which are good for taller riders too.

mjsmke

Pants don’t have legs so don’t need to worry about leg length.

davros

I’m 6’1 with 31 inch waist and endura singletrack mt500 small fit perfectly. They certainly aren’t short on length. Great trousers for winter riding.

ta11pau1

I’m 6ft 3in, 75kg and wear size 32″ waist in pretty much everything – the ION scrub amp bat pants (in medium/32) are good for me, nice and long, slim fitting and don’t ride up the ankle with knee pads when on the bike.

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/ion-pants-scrub-amp-bat-cycling-bottoms/

I was also considering the endura singletrack trousers but read they were a bit baggy, not sure if that’s true.

DickBarton

Pants as in underwear or pants as in the stuff normal folk call trousers but Americans seem to also call them pants?

(Pants short for Pantaloons…suspect the Americans think Pantaloons is a daft name but also don’t think trousers is a suitable term either)

If the former I don’t know any with really long legs…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.