Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • 'MTB' jersey with back pockets
  • ratherbeintobago

Deos such a thing exist, or shall I just carry on wearing road jerseys on the hills?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anything that isn’t fitted like a road top will bounce around when you add something heavy or sag too much so your down to stuff that is fitted.
    Plenty do an XC range like that but of the ones I’ve tried the pockets are great for a bit of food but not too much else

eshershore
    Free Member

I just wear my Santini road jerseys, but the black ones for obvious reasons

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bib shorts under the baggies?

jekkyl

I take what you call ‘roadie jerseys’ to be cycling jerseys.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Why bother, just wear a cycling (XC / CX / Road) jersey if you want to carry stuff

akira

Specialized and race face do base layer with pockets thing if you’re interested.

ferrals
    Free Member

I really like the Troy Lee xc jerseys, can’t remember what they are called but often discounted on crc

perchypanther
    Free Member

I just wear these – at £5 each it doesn’t matter when you catch them in the brambles. Rear pockets aplenty.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-cycling-short-sleeved-jersey-mens-636266?colcode=63626662

BadlyWiredDog

It’s Catch 22 – you want a jersey that’s not fitted like a traditional road one but with pockets, but if you fit pockets to a jersey like that, everything just bounces about. Maybe a bum-bag / lumbar pack as a compromise?

ratherbeintobago

Bib shorts under the baggies?

Of course.

Why bother, just wear a cycling (XC / CX / Road) jersey if you want to carry stuff

I think that’s the answer I was looking for. Now to go and find some replacements for the various tatty team jerseys I’ve got…

northerntom
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’ve been looking for the same thing, don’t mind the fitting of a road jersey, so been looking at them. Eventually found a Fox xc jersey which should do the trick, on CRC.

You could always get a tight fitting road jersey and wear an mtb one over it.

RichT

I just found a load of Giro clothing in TKMaxx in Farnborough, including a casual jersey with rear pockets, so it might be worth having a look in your local one.
    A bit like this one:
    https://www.evanscycles.com/giro-ride-crew-pocket-technical-tee-EV232519?esvt=1422-GOUKE274384&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-36054-1&esvcrea=61235747816&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvo=EV232519-XL-DGRY&esvaid=50080&gclid=CIn97q2l8swCFcFAGwodYegKfQ

survivor

Troy Lee Ace Jersey

Ordered one on CRC the other day for 29.99 but just checked and they’ve ran out unfortunately.

fasthaggis

Just get an XXL road jersey and it will look all flappy and MTB 😉

BadlyWiredDog

You could always get a tight fitting road jersey and wear an mtb one over it.

Or a filmy negligee for that matter… anything to camouflage the shame of wearing a cycling jersey. The lingerie will likely be cooler and breathe better than a full-on jersey too if that’s a consideration. 😉

weeksy

Decathlon, £4.99 each.

the00
    Free Member

Seems like there is a gap in the market to me. A road jersey under a MTB one sounds a bit OTT, so maybe just a lumbar region tube with some pockets?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Got a Muddyfox top also and it’s fine enough to wear without looking too roadie.

It’s a cycling top. Works for any bike and ride. Just not racing tight, but has the pockets. Yes it doesn’t look full Enduro, but if you want the pockets it has to have the elasticated waist else the back pockets will flap about and things will fall out.

If you want the Enduro look, it’s backpack or nothing at all and just stuff keys in your short pockets and rely on your mates for tools 😉

Northwind

Good thread, reminded me I need a short sleeve pockety jersey. TLD Ace seems good, just ordered one in a tasteless burnt orange for £29. Fox Livewire was my runner-up

mark88

I’ve got a couple of looser fitting XC style jerseys which are good. My favourite is a plain black Dakine but a quick google suggests this has been discontinued. I also have a couple of Fox Liverwire jerseys which fit the bill but they seem to hold the smell of sweat.

My next purchase will be a RaceFace Stash jersey. Top with capacity to hold a bladder and has pockets,designed to wear under a jersey.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I use some full on summer ‘style’ road jersey under a number a normal baggy.

No sleeves, and a netted front, not the sort of thing anyone normal would wear in public, but then I feel the same way about lycra in general 🙂

toofarwest

Have a look at the Endura MT500 full zip jersey, I’ve got two now and they’re pretty good.

core

Endura Humvee

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-hummvee-ii-jersey/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360764222&kpid=5360764222&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Clothing&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7csOKnn1KWU_dc%7cpcrid%7c67090792142%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cprd%7c5360764222uk

I’ve got long and short sleeve, quite relaxed fit, decent pockets, I usually carry a mini pump, a puncture kit and a multi tool, sometimes a packable jacket too, wouldn’t know they were there.

mccraque

my Intrepid jersey has a small rear pocket. Ok for a phone, keys or co2

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Not cheap, but possibly what you’re after, especially if doing any XC races:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear-alp-x-pro-short-sleeve-jersey/

Northwind

DiscJockey – Member

Not cheap, but possibly what you’re after, especially if doing any XC races: you are Green Lantern

the00
    Free Member

The product I ‘invented’ exists – the Raceface Rip Strip. Looks about right for going under a baggy jersey. Might similar to just buying a £5 decathlon jersey and chopping the top off.

kuman
    Free Member

Primal sport cut jerseys are good. I’m 6’1″ and almost 16stone and xxl fits ok, loose enough for mtb.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Troy Lee xc jerseys, can’t remember what they are called

Troy Lee Ace.

But it looks like a road jersey, so….

🙂

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Specialized SWAT bib shorts are designed to go under baggies and a MTB jersey, and have three back pockets like a road jersey.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Alpinrstars drop Jersey has 1 pocket..pretty sure my TLD has one as well..

lee170
    Free Member

I have a alpinestars enduro jersey which I’ve just noticed has a little zip pocket on the back, very well hidden and un noticeable, perfect for small items, maybe phone,money,keys but not much more.
    Depends how much you want to carry really

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘'MTB' jersey with back pockets’ is closed to new replies.