Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB club South Derbyshire/Leicestershire Ashby de La Zouch.
  • Kramer
    Free Member

Anyone know any nearby?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I used to ride with a gropu on Monday night at the john tompson in ingleby 6:30pm start so get there 10 min early, think its part of Derby Mercury, but think thats just the roadie contingent in disguize.

Used to be about 2 hours or so, every week all year, appart from bank holidays.

Post ride pub conversations included:
    Tractors
    Singlespeeds
    Landrovers
    Tactics for the sprint finish back to the pub, suprisingly tacktical, its a long downhill, a 180deg bend with gravel inside so cutting is optional for the brave, folowed by a 1/4 mile gentle climb to the beer garden.

Blackhound

Can confirm the ride is still going strong, same time, same place

vdubber67
    Free Member

Some surprisingly good riding round Ashby actually. Grew up there, and used to night ride round there a lot. Carvers Rocks and Ticknall area are class.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

NATS ride all over that area.

http://www.natsmtb.com/joomla/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Blackhound? I'm useless ar remembering names, who're you?

I'm Sam, used to have a beaten up halfords special/saracen, then a beeten up carrera (still halfords, but a bit more special), then the beeten up red trailstar, then the gray (now bright red) switchback.

Advice for newbies on the ride: dont take fasionable super wide bars, its called Mercedes' hill bcasue theres 2 of them parked bar width apart half way up!

nbt

NATS are still going? Are you going to resurrect Off Road Tour of the Peaks? I used to really enjoy that

dogg
    Free Member

dvatc rides on sundays and tuesdays

Kramer
    Free Member

Who are DVATC?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB club South Derbyshire/Leicestershire Ashby de La Zouch.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM