Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB BB7's on road bike brakes
  • p8ddy
    Free Member

Has anyone tried this combo? My CX bike has Tektro Lyra brakes. They’re OK, but I’ve got a set of MTB BB7’s kicking about that are less then 500 miles old. Wondering if any of you fine chaps have tried such a combo… ie 105 drop bar levers with MTB BB7’s?

Alternatively, has anyone converted their MTB BB7’s to Road ones? From the SRAM microfiches it looks like a full lever and internals kit would be required, but interested to know if caliper cable lever alone would work.

Cheers!

winston
    Free Member

Shimano road levers don’t work with mtb BB7’s – the cable pull is different

p8ddy
    Free Member

That was the news I wasn’t wanting to hear! 🙂

Cheers. 🙂

bigdean

How is the pull ratio going to stop you? You pull a lever the move a pad, its not like the pull ratio problem with road mtb shifters.
    I’ll be trying this soon so we’ll how wrong i am.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Very wrong but do please carry on.
    Road levers don’t pull enough cable.They will be incredibly mushy/soft ie the lever will come back to the bar.

fasthaggis

Would travel agents not work?

winston
    Free Member

Even if you could get travel agents to fit, I’m not sure the resultant braking would be any better than Lyra’s. Get some road BB7’s on ebay

thomthumb
    Free Member

Shimano MTB brakes worked fine on my road bike. They might have been slightly more sensitive to pad wear- I us to adjust them monthly- with bb5 it’s 2-3 monthly.

Try it, you might be surprised.

rp16v
    Free Member

Scrap the idea and get trp’s much nicer brake to work with

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB BB7's on road bike brakes’ is closed to new replies.