Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mountain Edge, Austria. Anyone been?
  • edoverheels
    Free Member

For the last couple of years our Autumn long bike weekend has been in the Italian Alps with Rivierabike. Really good and would be happy to go back again except for wanting to try something new. Mountain Edge caught my eye. Generally as a group we seem to like lift assisted mainly 'natural' singletrack and lifts at Kitzbuhel seem to stay open through September unlike much of the French resorts.
    Reviews seem thin on the ground and so I thought I would consult the Singletrack oracle, someone on here always seems to have done something before.
    Thanks for any thoughts

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Couldn't recomend it highly enough! 😀 I'll be around again this year for my 3rd season and I still havent ridden all the singletrack! email me if you have any specific questions, happy to help!

edoverheels
    Free Member

Thanks Chris
    I will email you later if that is Ok.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Yep thats fine. Just to breifly answer your questions; the lifts do stay open until at least mid september, and the weather tends to be pretty stable around that time too (August gets more thunderstorms). The riding is all 'Natural' with the exception of one very poorly looked after trail (it seems to be getting better the less it gets 'maintained'). Braking bumps are non-existant in Kitzbuhel. Even with the lifts, rides can include an hour or so climb to get to some of the singletrack, but most of that can be done on fireroads.
    Kitzbuhel itself is a great town to visit, and in September, Oktoberfest celebrations will be in full swing!

keavo
    Free Member

done a couple of days with them while staying in kitzbuhel. i thought the riding was pretty good, very steep and loads of tree roots. i found it challenging but not too difficult once i'd got myself accustomed to the steepness and rode most of the time with the saddle dropped. i've been back to austria twice and the best riding i've done there was with mountain edge. i used their hire bikes and they were decent bikes, well maintained. kitzbuhel itself is a great town to stay for a week.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback

soulrider
    Free Member

I have just been looking at a few options mainly in Austria, I didnt know about this one..

and it looks good.
    I will give you and email in the next few days Chris

nasher
    Free Member

Hi Ed

Also give Trailaddiction a shout, they do van assisted singletrack in Les Arcs in September….and I highly rate them and their trails… its where i go every august!!!

edoverheels
    Free Member

Ady
    Hi and thanks for the tip about Trail Addiction. I had looked at their site but they don't seem to go beyond Mid September and not with Short weeks/long weekends.
    Rob, William, Dan, Juice and Chris have all gone very quiet since I floated the idea of going somewhere else and so we may be back to see you at Rivierabike in October anyway!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Edge, Austria. Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.