Home Forums Bike Forum Mountain Biking Quotes or Slogans?

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Mountain Biking Quotes or Slogans?
  • jedi

ride it like you stole it.

gee
    Free Member

Pain cave.

Potdog
    Free Member

Last hill lads!
    It’s not a climb, its updulating

righog
    Free Member

“Speed is your friend”

Usually helpfully shouted at you after every off.

or one from my son ” This is a flat Hill” while going up gently for many a mile.

scrank32

I love the smell of brake pads in the morning

vinnyeh

Elite rider on your right…..

peabrain
    Free Member

Bikes are drugs and I’m pedalling them

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘Faster & Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death’ (on a Yeti T shirt I once had)
    & ‘Fear of a Flat Planet’ (on a No Fear T shirt I had)

Northwind

“I saw death so many times I started using him as a braking marker”

rickymartin
    Free Member

Flat out or f-off.

RustySpanner

‘Try cycling – it’s hip and we’ve priced out the poor!’

oli31
    Free Member

From that Klunking video that was on here a couple of months ago

here

Klunking is best away from the cops, cars and concrete

[stoned Califorian voice] Klunking is muddy in the winter and dusty in the summer[stoned Califorian voice]

Klunking is like downhill skiing except you don’t get snow in your boots when you fall down

tomhoward

Rule #6

Free the mind, and your legs will follow.

Can be heard being chanted by my good self on any gradient pointing upwards. Seems to help.

Rorschach
    Free Member

f#&k this s@%t for a game of soldiers.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

“Pick a wheel size and then be a dick about it” personal fave or “just one more little hill” has to be said in a cod French accent like John Cleese’s waiter in meaning of life :D

Leku
    Free Member

Mash the trails hard.

Lionheart
    Free Member

All from a bike quote sight, a few of my favs, really like the Jack London 2nd one and the last, just replace road with trail!

I thought of that while riding my bicycle. Einstein in reference to the Theory of Relativity.

Ever bike? Now that’s something that makes life worth living!…Oh, to just grip your handlebars and lay down to it, and go ripping and tearing through streets and road, over railroad tracks and bridges, threading crowds, avoiding collisions, at twenty miles or more an hour, and wondering all the time when you’re going to smash up. Well, now, that’s something! And then go home again after three hours of it…and then to think that tomorrow I can do it all over again! ~ Jack London Author

You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bicycle and that’s pretty close. Anon

I feel that I am entitled to my share of lightheartedness and there is nothing wrong with enjoying one’s self simply, like a boy. ~ Leo Tolstoy In response to criticism for learning to ride a bicycle at age 67

Newspapers are unable, seemingly to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization. ~ George Bernard Shaw

Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.~ snoopy cartoon – Charles M. Schulz

It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle. ~ Ernest Hemmingway

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~ H.G. Wells

After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow. ~ H.G. Wells The Wheels of Chance

“Bicycles are almost as good as guitars for meeting girls” ~ Bob Weir Grateful Dead (I wish!)

As a kid I had a dream – I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bike in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it in my bed. ~ John Lennon

When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road (trail) without thought on anything but the ride you are taking. ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Author of Sherlock Holmes

BigAlbsure
    Free Member

Belugabob’s qte – Anybody who thinks wood isn’t magnetic, hasn’t ridden a bike in the forest. – Love it.

Niner Bikes Sticker – “Pedal damnit”

Ben Cathro, on Fabien Barel…

Fabien
    “After a ride I like a glass of red wine and a chick in between my legs”

Ben replies
    “Eh? you like to f*** chickens!!”

bencooper
    Free Member

On the seventh day, one has to rest – no?

I’ve got an old sweatshirt with “On The Seventh Day He Rode” on it. There was a company that was popular in MBUK about 20 years ago. Not Stif, but sounded like that. They had lots of good slogans.

bencooper
    Free Member

Rox, that was it.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ

It’s just a hill get over it .

jimmy

On the top tube of a bike in the Alps:

Pain is French for bread

And otherwise:

Are those… BOMBERS?!

l0key
    Free Member

Jimmy, spotted that at the mega last year, they are signed up again for this year as a team.

unknown
    Free Member

Not bought a bike mag for years but one of them, MBR I think, used to have “just get out and ride” on the spine every month.

One of my own, which a friend pointed out to me. When faced with any problem in life, a drainage channel on a descent, a closed chairlift, empty wallet, lost cat, gas leak, anything… my default response is “that’s fine, I’ll just bunny-hop it”.

Scapegoat

tthew

Charlie is your friend here I think.
    Bikemonger stickers thread

bazwadah
    Free Member

crash, get up, crash, get up, crash, get up, crash, stay down
    act stupid. get dirty. ride bikes
    I have confused my intensions with my abilities
    (all from MBUK stickers)

jimmy748

“No britneys” on single speeds
    And
    “Just cos we both ride bikes doesn’t mean you my mate”

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking Quotes or Slogans?’ is closed to new replies.