Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Moto GP
  • tails
    Free Member

Forget the race and Stoner! Why can’t I be a motorbike racer 👿 Not fair!

mboy
    Free Member

If anyone else leaves MotoGP this year, there could be a few seats spare for next year…

Start practising!

Woody
    Free Member

Rossi vs Stoner…………..oh yes 😀

Woody
    Free Member

Can anyone remember that recent thread where some said Rossi was past it and should retire? 😆

JEngledow
    Free Member

Great to see Rossi back on the podium, let’s just hope it’s not a one-off!

kerv
    Free Member

Quote of the day from Pirro: BBC- how does the bike feel in the wet. Pirro- ees very sh*t.

clive
    Free Member

Great race ruined by Stoner’s post race whining !

Woody
    Free Member

I liked Charlie’s…..

“as much grip as a dog on lino”

Matt24k
    Free Member

After all these years of awful Charlyisms, he’s finally come up with a funny one.

mboy
    Free Member

Only just watched the race on iPlayer. Anyway…

FOR GOD’S SAKE Casey, quit with the bloody excuses! The thread I started the other day once I’d heard of Stoner’s retirement just makes some people look REALLY stupid. Casey is, was, and probably always be one of the best motorbike riders in the world. Valentino Rossi is, was, and always will be one of, if not the, greatest motorbike racers ever to have got on a bike!

Stoner’s problem is he’s never wanted it bad enough. He came into the sport, set the timing sheets on fire with his pace, and had a relatively untroubled first season and won the world title with Rossi struggling on Michelin tyres which were becoming increasingly uncompetitive. For the next 4 years, he pretty much let Rossi dominate him in every way, shape or form, in almost every battle they entered, exactly the same as he did today. Stoner, on his own, is probably about the quickest rider out there more than 50% of the time. But motorbike racing isn’t about beating the clock, it’s about beating your rivals. Rossi is an out and out racer, he’ll be in the sport loooooooong after the next 2 years I’d bet, he lives for the thrill of it, which all the best riders have always done. Stoner is a boring kid, who wants a quiet life, and isn’t particularly turned on by the whole rock’n’roll lifestyle of Motorbike racing and he wants out cos he doesn’t enjoy it. Shame, cos he is a real talent, but if he’d just wanted to win as much as Rossi does, he’d be a bloody good racer too, not just a damned good rider.

Almost cried seeing Rossi back on the podium, and I’d certainly not bet against him being back up there more regularly now. Whatever happens, whether he stays with Ducati and they continue to develop the bike around him, or he goes back to Honda or Yamaha, for 2013 it’s gonna be Rossi Vs Lorenzo all the way to the title…

Euro
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the feast of bike racing yesterday. Not a good day for the riders but great for the fans. Great to see Rossi back on the podium and looking like his old self but don’t get carried away. Unless we have more wet races, he’ll be back racing for a top 5 spot at best. The Rossi/Duke package is improving, but still the guts of a second a lap slower than the front runners in the dry.

MBoy, your opinion of Stoner is so far off the mark that’s it’s almost comical and coming out with a statement …

But motorbike racing isn’t about beating the clock

gives the impression that you’ve never rode a motorbike, never mind raced one. Unless you were being sarcastic of course.

hels
    Free Member

Bugger. Forgot to set the recorder when I went out for a ride, and finally something interesting happens !!

Al least Stoner is honest about what he thinks, even if you don’t like what he has to say. Can’t imagine one of the F1 robots coming out with something quite so un-PR-spun.

jamesco

The whole circus is gRRRRRRRReat dont care what they say or do its soooo entertaining , keep it up lads. Like they said Saturday the Italian races may have watered tracks eh ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP’ is closed to new replies.