Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • mother in laws
  • jools182
    Free Member

Got the future mother in law over from Australia. I’m being nice as pie, taking her where she wants to go etc. Anyway today had nothing planned, and I was feeling a bit bad about leaving her and my fiancee in the house all day, so suggested castleton.
    Went over there, had some food, walked around, lent her my camera to take some pics. Then we went through hope and bamford just so she could see it, then back through castleton. She asked me to slow down so she can video the Christmas lights (on my camera), so I’m doing about 5mph and she asks me to slow down more, to which I reply ‘ I’m going at walking pace’
    Then she completely blows up ‘ you **** prick, I’ve spent $8000 getting here you **** etc’ and I think shes joking, but it turns out she’s not. So I say ‘ I can’t believe you’re actually serious’
    My fiancee and a few other family members have told me she’s mental.
    She will not apologise and she’s staying at my house for another 3 weeks. I had a right go at her saying nobody speaks to me like that even if I’m acting like an arsehole which I’m clearly not. Fiancee was in tears and says she doesn’t know what to do with her. She’s refusing to say she’s in the wrong. I just want an easy life 🙁

carbon337
    Free Member

MTFU put her out. Job done, that will teach her.

wors

Haha..erm sorry to here. But most MIL= PSYCHO.

Junkyard
    Free Member

rejoice she lives in australia and you dont mine lived around the corner you luck lucky man

tang
    Free Member

Just be thankful you will be packing her off to oz soon. I feel every bit of your pain.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Tell her very quietly when you are alone that if she wants to have any involvement with her future grandchildren then she had better think very carefully about how she speaks to you. Do it with palpable menace in your voice. If she kicks off, book her into a B&B and apologise to your future wife.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I have a MIL and a step MIL. They are both psycho. Think yourself lucky. But if she keeps up that nonsense kick her out.

yunki
    Free Member

be the bigger person here.. for your fiancees sake..

apologise to the witch.. ask if there’s anything you can do to make it up to her.. then grit your teef.. think happy thoughts and put on your best smile til you put her on the plane..

jools182
    Free Member

This is the fiancee. HELP!!! Jools will pm our postal address if anyone would like to send us a tranquiliser gun!

yunki
    Free Member

Just do it for fun.. be the most ingraciating and jolly and self less and patient hosts that you can.. go overboard.. see if she notices

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Why put up with it, she might come back next year!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

think yourself lucky. mine lives at the bottom of my road.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no one saying bombers and shoes what has become of stw ? 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How about Ketamine?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Unfortunately mental health issues are very difficult to address particularly if the sufferer is not willing to accept there is a problem. If she has further unexplained ‘outbursts’ or other nutty behaviour take her to you GP’s or to your local A&E that has a psychiatric unit and get her examined.
    She isnt diabetic is she? Just a thought-low blood sugar-unexplained outbursts/anger/confusion.
    I would love to have a MIL who doesnt get on my nerves after a short period of time but then its easily solved by a night ride on the day that she is due round 😛

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My ex’s mum was just like the woman you described. I painted her a lovely picture of a weekend away I had to go on with her brood, and she went psycho as I mounted it in cream (which matched her lounge) claiming I was mocking her?!?!?!

My current lovers mum is a pure godess and spoils me rotten, every Saturday when we go to the Chester Grosvenor for tea and cake people assume she’s my woman. Lucky lucky sod.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You realise that she’s upstairs in her bedroom, taking naked pictures of herself. With your camera!

Pieface

I get on well with mine now. She lives in the bottom of the garden.

Just bear in mind that in 30 years this will be your Mrs 😉

Karinofnine

I can’t believe this has thread has lasted this long without someone saying:

Mothers in law

not

Mother in laws

STW pedants, where are you all this evening?

😆

Torminalis
    Free Member

How about Ketamine?

Yeah, you won’t even know she is there from your hole!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s the beauty of it Torm. If all 3 of ’em get on it they might start enjoying each others company?

thomthumb
    Free Member

If she has further unexplained ‘outbursts’ or other nutty behaviour take her to you GP’s or to your local A&E that has a psychiatric unit and get her examined.

that’s going to go down really well!!

maybe you need to all sit down calmly with a cuppa and have a chat about it. seeing as it’s YOUR house you set the agenda – tell her why you are upset why you think she is unreasonable and why you will not tolerate it in the future. then give her a chance to respond.

you might find that something you has done has wound her up (you might also find that she’s just bonkers)

you do realise that women ALWAYS turn into their mothers?

Drac

Had anyone checked Mumsnet to see if there’s a woman in there posting how inconsiderate her fiancé partner is?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Karinofnine – Member

I can’t believe this has thread has lasted this long without someone saying:

Mothers in law

not

Mother in laws

Damn. Sorry I’m late…

Torminalis +1

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

It will get worse once you marry your fiancee and your missus packs you off to live in Oz 😉

I bit my lip for 10 years cant seem to do it anymore – family fracas are a nightmare

Zedsdead
    Free Member

My mother in law was truly brilliant!

I miss her very much.

Ieuanmotorbike
    Free Member

The apple never falls far from the tree, what’s her old man like ?

verticalclimber
    Free Member

take a last minute biking holiday booked with her credit card, she’ll be home before realising she has paid for it

emsz
    Free Member

God don’t get me Started, my gf’s mum isn’t my no.1 fan.

Gary_C

My current lovers mum is a pure godess and spoils me rotten, every Saturday when we go to the Chester Grosvenor for tea and cake people assume she’s my woman. Lucky lucky sod.

And a room booked for later????

😉

KT1973
    Free Member

Anytime you’re all together and your Mrs leaves the room eg- to go to the toilet or take a phone call etc whisper in her ear that you’ve killed before and you’ll do it again. Nobody will believe her. Next time tell her you worship Satan. Appear incredulous when she grasses on you. Do this for a few days and the wife will probably insist you have her sectioned. HTH

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry, been in the pub. 😳

doc_blues
    Free Member

my son has a particularily nasty norovirus at the moment, but managed to bake some gingerbread men this afternoon in between puking and t’other. I dont really fancy eating them, but would happily send a few up for her to eat as a special treat!

I have the joy of a MIL and a step MIL – ones posh (MIL) and pretty ok, but the other is a chav and gets right on my bazoomas – rest of the family think shes funny and cant understand why I despise her so much…

Personally, I would get rid, asap for yours and the Missus sake and sanity

Woody
    Free Member

That’s unlucky. I’ve always got on great with my MIL’s. Shame I can’t say the same about their daughters!

FWIW if she had spoken to me like that I think she would have been given all the time she wanted to film the lights……during the leisurely walk back from Castleton

TiRed

SILTFU and assume the moral high ground. Mine’s a nightmare and coming over tomorrow And has invited my wife’s aunt and uncle to stop over as their house is in too much of a state! FIL is great however, if somewhat long-suffering.

Worse still, she, like me, is of the red-haired persuasion, so if we go out everyone automatically assumes she’s my mother 🙁

white101

I **** hate my MIL, wants to have far to much say on our lives and how we should live them. Old bag demands that every body runs round after her whilst she sits on her arse all day long watching tv, she’s like Jim Royle, bone idle and square eyed.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve spent $8000 getting here you

What, she fly business class or something?

And I would no way have had a go at her. Sometimes you need to bite your lip – family time is one of them (when it’s the in-laws).

My MIL is one of the nicest people I have ever met.. pretty lucky, but not as lucky as I am to have Mrs Grips 🙂

spooky_b329

Did it all get caught on said camera? Play it by accident when going through the photos later, she might be shocked by her own behaviour.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I can’t beat my MIL.

Which is a pity. 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘mother in laws’ is closed to new replies.