Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Most stupid ad on the telly right now…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I hate being left out… 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you want to be big or little spoon?

Actually… how tall are you? We can go ‘locomotive’. Russian Doll?

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m easy and very accommodating.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re bunking with Dave then.

brooess
    Free Member

This forum IS marketing
    Absolute poppycock!

This forum is social media
    Social media is used for marketing purposes
    Therefore this forum is marketing, no?

It’s part of STW’s marketing (part of their product)
    It’s got advertising all over it from third parties
    We discuss brands on here every day (recommendations, reviews, negative reviews etc)
    Cotic use it all the time, CRC used to use it to deal with customer service issues, Superstar did a lot of damage to their reputation on this forum)

You do know that companies use sentiment tracking tools which record every mention of their brand on social media, and use that to understand what people think about their brands and products…

chewkw
    Free Member

… ” … you’re worth it … ” … 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

*Starts making plans for “The best sound in the world ever…. ” thread.* 8)

poly
    Free Member

Spin – Member
    This is an odd concept that ads are just to get you talking. No they’re not they’re meant to make you buy the product.

No they are to make people in their target audience buy the product. There is no expectation that everyone will buy Strongbow, but there is a desire that people who are likely to buy that brand or a direct competitor might select Strongbow at some point in the future.

I once told an advertising guy I didn’t ‘get’ his advert (which had made him, and he claimed his client, a lot of money). He explained – if you don’t ‘get’ the advert, you are not in the target audience. When you add in the effect that Strongbow, not its competitor is being discussed by people who aren’t even in the core target audience the ad is successful; you don’t need to enjoy it or like it to remember it.

Now the following test won’t really work on the internet when people have as long as they want to think about it (or google it). But name Strongbow’s biggest competitor? Still sure it doesn’t work?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My most stupid advert is the student Nick Johoba (sp) who is parachuting while trying to take photos of a model for his coursework. He wants the perfect shot before he hits the ground. Rubbish that, it’s for a phone but I couldn’t tell you which phone.

maccruiskeen

The shame with that ad is they’ve cut the first few seconds of it, which are an absolutely amazing bit of filmmaking. But I dunno what phone it’s for either.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The most stupid advert is the one for HSBC with the kid selling drinks followed by the statement that “we believe in the future even the smallest business will be global ” or something like that . Firstly they won’t be . Secondly how is that advert supposed to increase HSBCs customer base . And thirdly Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Company , global who would’ve thought it .

globalti
    Free Member

Did anybody watch Patriot Games last night?

You must have laughed your head off at this unbelievable advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XJSYXxcOXA

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I want a bald patch!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

The Strongbow one is just their attempt to position themselves as cider purveyor of choice to the LAD market. It’s all a bit puzzling really, because I’d always assumed that they’d already cornered that market.

I guess that Magners have muscled in to an an extent, but basically the whole Oi Oi! Lads on tour, epic bants, Archbishop of Banterbury, just off to the lashpoint, they should send me to Bantanamo Bay, don’t get many of them to the paaaaaaaaarnd, d’ya daaaarlin’? thing always seemed to be domain anyway.

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yikWrRmlaYo[/video]

weare138
    Free Member

The one with the cow made from gravy dancing around the table… Stoopido

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

the argos advert or the magnum one where she moves her mouth but the shape of her mouth is wrong for the words!

jon1973
    Free Member

The Strongbow one is just their attempt to position themselves as cider purveyor of choice to the LAD market.

If there has ever been an example of clever/effective marketing, it’s the way that the cider industry has re-invented itself over the last few years.

Sandwich

I want a wet patch!

FuzzyWuzzy

I still have to turn over or mute any go compare advert that comes on and avoid using their site as a result.

Mind you that brain surgery ad for kayak makes me laugh :p

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Me too, I have a paddy when that go compare advert comes on, can’t get to the remote fast enough

I too would never use their site

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Oh and what about that gormless looking bloke on the McDonald’s advert, the one were she’s having a scan and he comes in late……..his face pisses me off

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Most stupid ad on the telly right now…’ is closed to new replies.