Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Most mindbendingly stupid thing you've ever heard?
  • Cletus

I was in my local shop and wanted to buy some cheese. I pointed at a block of cheese and said "How much for half of that?"

The girl told me she would not cut in half to weigh it to let me know the price!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

One particularly ditzy girl at work once described a new fridge as being "about half the size of a bear".

We nearly had her convinced that Lord of the Rings style trolls were extinct but she cottoned on after a bit.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Mates bird shopping for reading lamps in ikea

Spots one with an on/off switch with bumpy bits on the switch

"is that for blind people?"

Same girl with wide eyed disbelief, commenting on the huntingdon windfarm she had passed everyday since they were built.

"you're kidding they make electricity? I thought they were like, y'know artistic like"

shadthebad
    Free Member

Somebody at work ordered a ream of A4 yellow photocopier paper, which arrived in a clear plastic wrapper.

The manager wanted to know who ordered the giant Post-it notes.

MrsToast
    Free Member

We visited Chatsworth House with my mother, and were going around the gardens. We encountered the Weeping Willow:

My mother asked, "That wouldn't be natural, would it?"

thegreatape
    Free Member

My wife saw one of these in the sky, and asked why it had a clock on the end. True.

CaptJon
    Free Member

From various students essays:

"Countries like Africa…"

"American cities, for example Toronto, …."

"Postmodernism makes the world easier to understand…"

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    Presumably (without googling) you know the difference between the Netherlands and Holland then, fadda

Holland is a province of the Netherlands.

Numpty thing to hear:

M6 Northbound, past Preston & the M55 junction, get beeped at by a couple of girls in a car [scouse accent]"Is this the motorway to Scotland?[/scouse accent]

Squidlord
    Free Member

"Where did all this soil come from? Get rid of it!" said my mother-in-law angrily, as I was finishing the hole she'd asked me to dig in her garden.

"Why don't you just bury it?" – this was Mrs Squidlord trying to help.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My sister once said in total disbelief as a retort to me telling my mum about the talking petrol pumps at a filling station down the road from us 'they're for the blind drivers so they know what fuel they're putting in!'
    Won £20 for that one from FHM :mrgreen:

My now wife, very nearly equaled this one saturday, when after we'd bought my little brother a new fish tank with a lid on it she said – 'how will the fish breather with a lid on the tank'

pascoa341
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe – Member

clubber – Member
    Presumably (without googling) you know the difference between the Netherlands and Holland then, fadda

Nearly, try again :-)…

Onzadog
    Free Member

My own mother once called me a "son of a bitch".

An ex girlfriend once booked a surprise holiday to Tunisia telling me that the travel agent had told her it was as near as you could get the Africa without leaving Europe.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I have just heard on the train

"I want to have a handbag tattoed on my face!"

tron
    Free Member

"Can you get a suntan at night?"

Moonlight is just reflected sunlight, so I'd not be surprised if you could get a tiny bit of one, sitting out long enough.

sc-xc

Ages ago, me and my wife were following her parents car back through some twisty country lanes. In front of them was a horse box, so when the opportunity came – her parents overtook.

Just at that moment, the line in the road changed from – – – – to an unbroken line. My wife asked if I was going to overtake…I nodded at the line and said 'it's illegal'

– it's illegal to overtake horses? was her reply.

MrFart
    Free Member

french gf points at nelsons column and says "oh zit is napoleon!"

Fueled
    Free Member

"How can tuna be dolphin friendly? Doesn't tuna come from dolphins?"

– A friend from school who, at a very young age, learned that tuna fishing is endangering dolphins. He spent the next 12 years thinking that tuna was dolphin meat.

"Its so cute that you named your country after our language!"

– An American of urban legendry fame.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

girl at a place i used to work talking about a bloke there with a prosthetic leg

"i knew he had a false leg but i didn't know he had a false foot too"

bullheart
    Free Member

I was shopping at Home Bargains in Morley and overheard two female members of the staff discussing the following;

Dumbass One: "But, seriously, bacon isn't actually meat though is it?"

Dumbass Two: "Er, nah… hang on, isn't bacon pig?"

Dumbass One: "Is it? Is it from a pig then? Like a real life pig?"

Dumbass Two: "Aye, but its not meat though, is it?"

Ten minutes of this. I pissed myself laughing.

CaptJon
    Free Member

tron – Member
    "Can you get a suntan at night?"
    Moonlight is just reflected sunlight, so I'd not be surprised if you could get a tiny bit of one, sitting out long enough.

That was her logic.

rusky
    Free Member
    rusky
    Free Member

Heard at work; "Is county Durham in the EU?"

MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

AdamW – Member

At college I was once asked by a really thick Irishman:

"So you're gay. Does that mean you have sex with lesbians?"

Interesting that you felt obliged to include his Nationality there Adam…Is it pertinant to the tale?

Perhaps this is a case of a "Really Thick English Homosexual" in a "more than likely bigoted internet post retelling a personal humour bypass/ or bigotry incident tale", whilst simultaneously displaying some of their own bigotry.

If so, it's not quite the most mindbendingly stupid thing I've ever heard, but it does make me laugh 😆

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

A girl, in my maths class some years ago asked, 'do shetland ponies ave to migrate home to shetland to breed?'

Do thistles stop at the border?

And

Where there are speed restrictions at road works, 'do they not apply on sundays as the men are not working?'

NigE5
    Free Member

I was once asked to " take it out the middle and put it in the centre"
    I was an Irish man I am afraid.

MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

I was an Irish man I am afraid

Nothing to be ashamed of. Are you still an Irishman, or a really thick Englishman[/i] now who can't spell? 😆

gixer-chris
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe – Member

clubber – Member

Nearly, try again :-)…

The spelling?? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I seem to remember that Holland is a geographic region of The Netherlands, but there are two modern administrative areas in the modern day country called North and South Holland. Without googling.

Am I right?

NigE5
    Free Member

you got it in one soda

instanthit
    Free Member

Frontline services in the NHS won't be cut.

Two guys I used to work with discussing prices and discounts at different shops of something one of them wanted to buy,
    "Yeah, but what's 5% of £100 ? It's probably only about two quid."

konabunny
    Free Member

My brother's former wife, when discussing religion, actually said "Religion never did anyone any harm".
    Didn't know whether to laugh or punch her.

You should have punched her, it would have instantly disproved her point.

"American cities, for example Toronto, …."

"Postmodernism makes the world easier to understand…"
    Toronto is an American city. Postmodernism does make the world easier to understand.

Dudie
    Free Member

A couple of years back, when I ran an online retail business, we received a phone call from an Irishman ( 😆 ) that went exactly like:

"Hello. You see your website there?"
    "Yes"
    "Can you tell me what time it closes?"
    "It's open 24hrs a day sir."
    "Is it now? Oh, that's good. Thank you very much"

crazy-legs

Working in bike shops we often used to get daft questions or comments.

Bloke came in once with a puncture, can we fix it please. No probs. Ran hands round inside of tyre to find the thorn/glass etc, nothing there so in the end we checked the tube to find 4 neat holes in a line. Asked the customer how he'd done it and the reply was "well someone told me I could use a spoon to fit the tyre if I didn't have tyre levers. But I didn't have a spoon either so I used a fork"

🙄

yunki
    Free Member

I can safely say that at least half of these are sense of humour by-pass on behalf of the poster..

tragic

RealMan
    Free Member

rusky thanks for that, I now feel like the smartest person in the world. How stupid can they be???

neilc1881
    Free Member

After me and the missus had been speaking to some lad on a bus out of Seattle for ten minutes…
    "So, are you from Australia or New Zealand?" says he.
    "umm, Wales, next to England." we replied, slightly suprised, but having encountered guesses from Germany, Scotland etc in the past we were not that suprised.
    "Are you sure?"
    Much sideways glancing at each other and suppressed laughter.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

konabunny – Member

My brother's former wife, when discussing religion, actually said "Religion never did anyone any harm".
    Didn't know whether to laugh or punch her.

You should have punched her, it would have instantly disproved her point.

Kind of got that…

kaiser
    Free Member

a friend on a trip to the seaside asked "how much is a 15p ice cream?"
    the lady looked at him in confusion and said 30p to which he said "ok i'll take 2" (not clever but true)

whilst in indonesia I heard an american ask a tour guide whether all the islands were surrounded by water as she was a poor swimmer.

Flaperon

At school, many moons ago, the PE teacher instructed us to "divide into three halves – one half over there, one half in the middle, and the other half over there…"

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Most mindbendingly stupid thing you've ever heard?’ is closed to new replies.