Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Most infamous person you've met, riding or not.
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

I met a louise out riding.

You should have gone out on your bike instead.

nickhit3
    Free Member

“I’ve met Gorbachev too – on a plane coming back from Moscow. He had a couple of large henchmen”

I feel there’s more to this. Who are you working for? *bangs table

xico
    Free Member

I met Jimmy Savile on a Leeds bound train as very young schoolboy. He was still a Radio Luxembourg DJ back then and I got his autograph – long since lost, but I remember he wrote his name as $avile.

Edukator
    Free Member

But “renouned shagger” John Leslie is dead, and I’m surprised you consider his shagging efforts “dubious”.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Robert Maxwell, I was 7 at the time though.

slowoldman

I passed Jimmy Saville

Yes he turned out to be a shit didn’t he?

I almost bumped into well known “thumper” Don Whillans in the Vaynol. Luckily no beer was spilled so I remained intact.

spawnofyorkshire

Jimmy Saville

Binners

Northwind

Edukator – Reformed Troll

But “renouned shagger” John Leslie is dead, and I’m surprised you consider his shagging efforts “dubious”.

Errr wut?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I wondered if this was the “”renouned shagger” John Leslie” * he was thinking of…..

*also not dead.** Ding Dong.

** or a John for that matter

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Jimmy Tarbuck and Kenny Lynch sat behind me on a flight to Jersey. They entertained their fellow passengers by wise cracking throughout the < 1 hour flight. It felt like 24 hours in purgatory.

Edukator
    Free Member

John Leslie. I suppose you people have never heard of Ron either?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Who?

andykirk
    Free Member

Gavin Hastings. Twice. What a total pratt he is.

Oh and my cousin has John Craven’s autograph.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

ElFredSafetyBra or Molgrips.

Has anyone met Jamie? WLTM :mrgreen:

terrahawk
    Free Member

has everyone met John Leslie?

I can’t think of any. I did have a long chat with James Cracknell though, he’s a short-tempered grumpy bugger. We had a lot in common.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Jimmy savile. I live just down the road from roundhay park and mainly tried to avoid him when I spotted him 😉

maccruiskeen

Has anyone met Jamie?

There’s a little bit of Jamie in all us

mos

Tess Daly, even skinnier in real life.

IHN

Binners and Hora at the same time
    John Leslie (I even gave him a can of lager, but that was before we all knew he was (allegedly) a wrong’un)
    Sheldona/Tollah
    WCA

Harry_the_Spider

Mike Harding.
    He was in the pub at Chapel le Dale playing the banjo with a couple of his mates and we were staying at the bunk barn over the road. We all piled in for a few quiet beers and all of a sudden he didn’t have the place to himself anymore, so he scowled at us for the rest of the evening with a face like a freshly slapped arse… the malignant dwarf.

I’ve not met any real bad’uns though. Not even John Leslie.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Martin Johnson – he of England rugby kicking and running about fame, on top of Mt Ventoux last week. Nice bloke who agreed to have a photo taken with my 5′ mate for a laugh, despite just having pulled his tripe out riding up there.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Snoop dog

theotherjonv

few people struggling with famous vs infamous on this thread.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvs4bOMv5Xw[/video]

LeeW

Though as I lived on Cromwell St for 8 years its hardly surprising really, never saw her though.

You probably know a mate of mine who (I have no idea if this is true) reckons he fabricated their house sign at ’25 Cromwell St’.

MrOvershoot

LeeW – Member
    You probably know a mate of mine who (I have no idea if this is true) reckons he fabricated their house sign at ’25 Cromwell St’.

Well it was obviously custom made but I can’t validate your friends version.
    TBH I didn’t know many people in the area as it was a cheap house that was somewhere to live during the late 80’s early 90’s, I was working all over the UK then.
    I was very glad to say “I’ve sold the house” in 95 and leave the fleapit that is Gloucester for good.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Couldve run down Saville a number of times when he was running the roads of Bucks near Stoke Mandeville – If only I’d known, and known how to get away with it.

Jim Davidson. What an utterly hateful human being.

Nico
    Free Member

Howard Marks, smoking an interesting jazz cigar in St Pancras train station.

Who’d have thought. Him of all people. I had him down as a Paddington man.

BigJohn

We lived in Bradford, Oak Avenue, near Heaton in the ’70s When the Yorkshire Ripper was doing his stuff. In fact he killed 2 poor girls down our road when we lived there. We had quite a few door-to-door enquiries (including 1 young copper who professed to be keen on gardening and admired the “fern” we had growing in the window. It was a pot plant, a real pot plant).

Anyhoo, I’ll have bumped into Peter Sutcliffe a time or two, without knowing it.

bearnecessities
    Free Member

My Dad went to school with him.

edhornby

I’ve done a few gigs with George borowksi aka guitar George of dire straits fame, he’s a PITA and doesn’t know all the chords, in fact I now suspect knopfler was taking the mick wth that lyric

allthegear
    Free Member

Fairly sure I snogged Catherine Zeta-Jones in a bar near Swansea in 1989…

Rachel

Scamper
    Free Member

My wife got chatted up by John Leslie while on a work jolly abroad. His chat up lines were awful apparently and seemed a bit miffed that she only vaugly knew who he was.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Shook Rolf Harris’s hand once.

Also met Paolo di Canio, of referee-pushing-over (and fascism) fame.

funkmasterp

I met Darth Vader when I was a child. Cunning space villain was disguised as the Green Cross Code man at the time

edlong
    Free Member

Couldve run down Saville a number of times when he was running the roads of Bucks near Stoke Mandeville – If only I’d known, and known how to get away with it.

The second part’s easy – you could have waited until he was on a bike and then said the sun got in your eyes.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Jade Goody – Daft as a brush.

Watty

Rupert Murdoch a number of times and Jimmy Saville at a TOTP rehearsal in about ’72.

edlong
    Free Member

I also did meet Jimmy Saville as a child. He was with a load of other famous people and they were all wearing funny costumes.

Before JHJ explodes, I’d point out that it was a pro-celeb cricket match that my dad was umpiring and there were several thousand witnesses, so nothing untoward happened (unless my memory was wiped).

Also, Mark Manning (Zodiac Mindwarp).

unovolo
    Free Member

Met Harold Shipman on numerous occasions, seeing as he was our family doctor since birth until he was put away.

He was actually a fairly decent doctor just had a odd hobby.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Tony Blair like shaking hands with Jack the Ripper….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Most infamous person you've met, riding or not.’ is closed to new replies.