Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Most fun I've had on a bike in ages
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Bike Park Wales. Even in foggy, wet weather those trails are flipping tremendous fun. Credit due to everyone involved in creating them. I even saw Hans Rey 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Does no one want to share my enthusiasm?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

no theyre all argueing about the Jeremy Kyle show and which is the best place to live in Manchester

Bagstard
    Free Member

Have you been to Antur or Revolution? How does it compare? I’m keen for an uplift weekend, it’s been tooo long!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m keen for an uplift weekend

IIRC, Bike Park Wales have some weekend slots available in August.

😉

jamesfts
    Free Member

Fortunately I think I’m in the minority but I was quite disappointed by the place.

Bought into the hype and was expecting something special but felt all the tracks very samey, good for a trail centre descent but nothing really resembling a downhill track. A few good sections but most share a very ‘built’ feel with nothing particularly technical.

Having booked onto the uplift for the day by lunch time we were no-pedal racing which was about as entertaining as it got.

If you’re after a good uplift service there are so many options – head up to any of the Pearce Cycles tracks, Revolution, or Antur before BPW.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Not been to those two, no. Would love to go.

I’m no downhiller but for years have loved the idea of saving my energy for the downs and getting a lift back up again. We did blues and a few reds at BPW – didn’t touch the blacks – and they were just so so fast and flowy. I’ll definitely go back to try some harder stuff, but I simply could not get enough of the swoopy, pumpy, bermy tracks. Loads of grip even in the horrible soggy weather we had. Loads of potential for getting off the ground if that’s your bag.

I came away thinking that maybe I was a half-decent mountain biker after all 😆

stilltortoise
    Free Member

IIRC, Bike Park Wales have some weekend slots available in August.

FYI, we didn’t pre-book the uplift (it was full) but had no problem getting on a van and paying for each trip

Bagstard
    Free Member

I love Revolution and Antur, but probably taking a relative newbie and BPW looks just the job, as does Enter the Dragon!

_tom_
    Free Member

^did you ride all the blacks? I really enjoyed Dai Hard and Zut Alors has more than enough rocks to keep you happy!

I really like BPW though the 2nd return wasn’t quite as good as the first but I blame that on going on a hardtail rather than my fun full sus!

chiefgrooveguru

Bought into the hype and was expecting something special but felt all the tracks very samey, good for a trail centre descent but nothing really resembling a downhill track. A few good sections but most share a very ‘built’ feel with nothing particularly technical.

I’m not a downhiller, just someone who enjoys riding downhill and I loved the place! However, having been scared witless at Antur Stiniog I can see why someone who is used to proper DH tracks would find BPW rather tame. For mere mortals though it is properly awesome fun.

To be honest I could spend hours there just sessioning the first few jumps on Enter The Dragon – I want to clear those tables!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Most fun I've had on a bike in ages’ is closed to new replies.