Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Most driving offences in one go
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Yesterday evening I saw someone reversing out of a side street on the wrong side of the road into a main road against a red light. Whilst on the phone.

I make that 4 offences in one go which must be some kind of record?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pfft. Loads of people on the roads can exceed that just by getting in the car.

Just watch Dave / Watch / various other satellite channels after 10 pm of an evening for a wide selection. The minimum simultaneous offences that will get you on one these shows would be like ….

Driving without a licence
    Driving without insurance
    TWOC
    Careless / Dangerous / reckless driving
    Failing to stop
    Exceeding speed limits.

scaredypants

nah, I’ve seen fewer than that – and once somebody looked before pulling out

GrahamS

The minimum simultaneous offences that will get you on one these shows would be like …

Then at the end of the show they say “The man caught in Slough was convicted of all charges and received a £50 fine and quite a stern letter”

mst
    Free Member

Someone overtook me and another car on a staggered crossroads the other day. Pretty sure he was speeding, he then narrowly avoided a head-on before ripping round the corner.

I’d count that as 1 confirmed offence and 1 possible

Shame he was going too fast for the corner and binned it. He walked away from it, but was very lucky. Not sure we’d all have been so lucky had someone come out of the crossroads. Tosser.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

TWOC

?

Trial Without Catheter? What’s that got to do with driving? 😉

retro83
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Then at the end of the show they say “The man caught in Slough was convicted of all charges and received a £50 fine and quite a stern letter”

More likey: “the case was dismissed due to insufficient evidence”.

perchypanther
    Free Member
    seosamh77
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    The minimum simultaneous offences that will get you on one these shows would be like …

It’s always Slough aswell! 😆 I’ve no idea where slough is but it feels like a familiar shithole! 😀

Cougar

There’s some lad I’ve seen a few times lately razzing around the local streets on some ratty-looking trails bike with no number plate. I’m guessing of course, but I’d hazard:

No plates;
    No MOT;
    No insurance;
    No licence;
    No VED;
    Speeding;

So that’s six offences before we’ve even started with a complete disregard for any sort of road rules which would (being generous) count as careless driving. I wish I knew what to do about it, doesn’t seem much point calling plod cos he’ll be in the next Time Zone by the time they get anywhere near.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I remember moving to my first flat in aberdeen and taking a cycle around to familiarise my self with the area – on a sunday night.

I happened upon 2 young lads on a motocross bike with no lights/helmets , no numberplate – and presumably no insurance – id go as far as to say it was likely a stolen bike knowing what i know now about the area(woodside) doing a wheelie up the wrong side of great northern road past a police car – who did nothing.

They hava policy of no chase up here as tahts what the scrotes are looking for.

ergo if your motorbikes stolen in aberdeen your not getting it back even if the cops know where it is…..

chorlton
    Free Member

They regularly drive on the pavements round our way.

The pavement outside the school across the lane from us is always having cars tear down it when they come flying round the corner and realise there’s only space for one car.

Do they slow down? Do they ****! Idiots.

BillMC

John Betjeman’s take on Slough:

http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html

jimbobo
    Free Member

I once drove from Leeds city centre to guisley on the A65. Set off 5 cameras. Did 3 on the way back in, felt like a criminal boss.

rocketman
    Free Member

Legend :mrgreen:

daftvader
    Free Member

Chap I used to work with was out in a Works van, 3 bald tyres, speeding, break light out, indicator out, no screen wash and on the phone… Needless to say he didn’t drive a post van for a while!!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

i once drove from Leeds city centre to guisley on the A65. Set off 5 cameras. Did 3 on the way back in, felt like a criminal boss.

How on earth did you manage to get above walking pace?

Daffy

My cousin Jamie was banned from driving (although he didn’t know it at the time) in a single journey. He drove from Folkstone to the Scottish borders not slowing down for ANY average speed cameras throughout the journey. He accrued 18 points in that single journey. Given it was his first year of driving, he was effectively banned 3* in one sitting.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

there is only one offence that counts and that is “failing to spot the police” that can be expanded to include cameras.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I reverse on to a main road every day in a van with no back windows. Should I go straight to jail?

metalheart
    Free Member

Charged/’convicted’:

Driving without a valid licence
    Driving without insurance
    Driving without road tax

Also guilty of:

Driving without MOT
    Speeding (unofficially; the police told my brother I was going 60 mph ‘very fast’….)
    Not being able to ride a big motorcycle without crashing it (back country roads, no other vehicle/person involved)…. 😳

I was also originally charged with TDA (taking and driving away as was BITD) but my brother took the rap for that and I only got 8 points (but he got 6 for ‘allowing’ me).

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Most driving offences in one go’ is closed to new replies.