• This topic has 24 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hels.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Most awesome sandwich ever!
  • alfabus
    Free Member

yesterday, whilst ‘er indoors was painting a ceiling, I passed the time by barbecuing a pork shoulder (rubbed with paprika, mustard and garlic) for 8 hours.

When it was done and rested, i shredded it and coated with sauce made with cider vinegar, chilli, paprika, hot sauce and mustard.

What didn’t get eaten last night is now in my sandwich with some mayo and home grown lambs lettuce.

Beat that 🙂

Dave

binners

hels
    Free Member

Binners, one of those is festering in our fridge at work. I think somebody is waiting to see how long before I crack and have a Fridge Hygiene Office Meltdown (again). I am seriously considering buying another pack and sneaking in early and replacing it.

Do you want the old one ? Is nice and ripe.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Does sound good. Not sure I could be bothered spending a full day of my life making a sandwich though.

alfabus
    Free Member

Not sure I could be bothered spending a full day of my life making a sandwich though.

fair point… Once it was cooking, I didn’t have to do much though, just added a few lumps of charcoal every couple of hours.

The worst part of the whole experience was finishing the sarnie and knowing that there it has all gone 🙁

Might have to have some biscuits to cheer myself up.

Dave

binners

Hels – I would have thought with all the additives and preservatives in there it could potentially exist, in a fridge, in the same form, for potentially years

fasthaggis

Peanut Butter (crunchy) + Banana + Jam .

Nom 🙂

theotherjonv

it’s not the additives and preservatives, it’s the fact that not even bacteria could stoop low enough to eat it.

d45yth
    Free Member

Don’t know about making the best sandwich but those of you that use a shared fridge might want to consider these:

You would have to make sure someone didn’t throw your sandwich in the bin though! 😆

theteaboy
    Free Member

it has all gone 😥

😥 indeed. That sounds amazing.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Two things:
    1)

barbecuing a pork shoulder (rubbed with paprika, mustard and garlic) for 8 hours

Is your BBQ connected to mains gas?
    2)

whilst ‘er indoors was painting a ceiling

Lovin your style there 🙂

Butty sounds good too BTW.

RustyMac

On the face of it my sandwich may seem a little tame in comparison to yours Dave – roast beef from a packet, lettuce, tomato, horseradish and mayo but what make it awesome is the fact that I didn’t make it this morning.
    My girlfriend had the day off work today and got up when I was in the shower and made me lunch! Winner winner roast beef sandwich for lunch.

alfabus
    Free Member

Is your BBQ connected to mains gas?

wash your mouth out!

Weber kettle barbecue, with a mix of lumpwood and briquettes. More lumpwood added as it burnt down (no briquettes added later as they can give off funny smells during initial burn).

Fire was all over one side, with a drip tray full of water under the meat to even the temperature and add steam. Lid shut and vents half closed to keep the temperature down and the coals burning slowly – also to get the flavour of the smoke into the meat.

(I bought a barbecue book last week, so I’m becoming a bit of a bbq nerd 8) )

Dave

legspin
    Free Member

I was out riding my bike 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This is a third of a sandwich we split somewhere in Missouri. Excess isn’t something Americans understand.

OPs sounds tasty too.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Peanut Butter (crunchy) + Banana + Jam .

+1

I toast the bread though.
    And include honey.
    Sometimes some ham too.

alfabus
    Free Member

mcmoonter’s pic:

Gary_M
    Free Member

Weber kettle barbecue, with a mix of lumpwood and briquettes

Hope you didn’t use lighter fluid, etc to start the bbq. I use english charcoal and it starts without any accelerants – gives a lovely clean barbecued taste.

I have this stainless steel bbq

Junkyard
    Free Member

why did you go to all that trouble to drench something in overpowering flavourts like chilli, mustard and garlic…surely any old shit would have done with tham much “flavour”. you could have been eating an old goat

GrahamS

I have a standing order with the little cafe in our building.

They make me a “Chef’s Special” roll every day with whatever they fancy putting in it. They prepare it in advance and produce it with a flourish when I arrive. I’m on instruction that I’m not allowed to look inside before biting into it.

Works great – two bored caterers get a chance to experiment with something other than roll’n’chips and I get something different every day.

Today’s was some kind of ham (possibly turkey ham), blue cheese, mayo, salad and some as yet unidentified seasoning. Very tasty 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m on instruction that I’m not allowed to look inside before biting into it.

Thats a dangerous game you’re playing there 🙂

GrahamS

Yep! I make sure to stay on their good side!!

atlaz
    Free Member

as yet unidentified seasoning

That would have me worried… 😯

alfabus
    Free Member

you could have been eating an old goat

mmm, old goat 🙂

pork and smoke flavour came through brilliantly, with a nice little twang from the chilli and spices. :mrgreen:

Dave

hels
    Free Member

It’s the sauce I would sorry about.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Most awesome sandwich ever!’ is closed to new replies.