Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Morzine in August for 2 people
  • AGray
    Free Member

Looking for recommendations on where to stay in Morzine.
    I’ve read through the other threads which recommend flow mtb but that is for big groups of 10 or more people.
    There will only be two of us so we arent looking to book out a full chalet to ourselves.

We are thinking of going August 11th to 14/15th for a long weekend.

Cheers
    Andrew

mildred

Trail Alpine are a very friendly lot, been there years & years, and not particularly pricey.

toys19
    Free Member

Had a look at that trail alpine site, blimey expensive!

Google morzine hotels or accommodation. There is lots and lots, you might even be run by a french person and you will get more than you expected.

emski
    Free Member

Hi there

I stayed at a good value B&B in Morzine last summer. They were a little out of town but nice and quiet. They had a garage to store bikes and a hose for end of day wash downs.

I stayed in a huge twin en suite room for only 60 Euro per night with breakfast included for two people.

The hosts were really lovely and even let us use their kitchen.
    Their website is http://www.easiski.co.uk

recommend them

em

steveh

Try le sherpa, website is jolly good alpine adventures. Not too far from town, nice food, bar on site and they do transfers etc if you need.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

stayed here once

http://www.chillypowder.com

just make sure you finish rides in Avoriaz as its a long slog up from morzine

Mackem

This place is lovely, excellent food.

http://thefarmhouse.co.uk/

If you are going for a weekend dont bother with a guide.

toys19
    Free Member

loads of hotels and chalets found here morzine-avoriaz.com here and here

MrKmkII
    Free Member

riders retreat will allow small group. i went with just a mate a few years back no worries, we stayed with several others in a chalet. a year later my mate went on his own and that was fine too.

All About Mountain Biking

phil.w
    Free Member

We are thinking of going August 11th to 14/15th for a long weekend

Most of the well known chalet companies will only put you in for a week. And if a part week it would normally not be across the full weekend. (start/finnish on a Saturday).

In Les Gets but this place does B&B

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There’s various camping places, I know of a great one in Les Gets. However there are also lots of hotels which are bike friendly there.

james-o
    Free Member

plenty of couples / pairs of riders at Flow when i was there. Recommended.

(and not in the swinger’s way that sounds)

AGray
    Free Member

Thanks for all the great recommendations. We’ve not decided who we are going to go with yet but we’ve started looking into flights now.

We’ll be flying from either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
    Who did you all fly with?
    We will be taking our own bikes and gear which will take us past the 20kg mark without any normal luggage.
    Is it better going with the non-budget airlines to avoid the expensive baggage charges?

Cheers
    Andrew

Ambrose

Pay the sports baggage tarrif on EasyJet. Excellent value. Take a 2 pence coin to Geneva airport- It will fit the trolleys and thus save you some lugging around. And when you finally decide upon accommodation, ask them if they have a preferred transfer service- i.e. there may be a discount available. Likewise, ask if you can book lift passes through them. At the moment Rider’s Retreat are selling this year’s passes at last year’s rates. Nice.

Gary_C

Paying the ‘sporting goods’ charge for the bike on EasyJet means that you are then allowed up to 32kg for the bike in addition to the 20kg standard baggage allowance.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Paying the ‘sporting goods’ charge for the bike on EasyJet means that you are then allowed up to 32kg for the bike in addition to the 20kg standard baggage allowance.

If I was only going for a long weekend I’d stick the washbag in the bike box and not bother taking/paying for a regular suitcase.

Weasel
    Free Member

I stayed with Alpine Breaks in Chatel, the other side of the valley to Morzine.

Short fire track ride to the lift and then some great XC to Morzine

About

rockhopper70

I think FlowMtb have another chalet that it flexible on numbers and dates called Chez Pascal.
    On the subject of guides, if you know the area then of course you don’t need one but I hired Rideability last year for one day out of 2 1/2 days of riding and it was well worth it to know that, at least for that first day, the route was sorted.
    Accomodation was a very nice 10 bedroom ski chalet with a cracking veranda for barbecues overlooking morzine.
    Going back this year.

rockhopper70

oh…and on the topic of smuggling clothes in with your bike, my mate had to open up his bike bag in geneva for the return flight for the desk lady to check what was in. Had there been clothes in it would have been a penalty charge of the equivalent of a suitcase, around £38.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I was about to say be careful with throwing clothes into bike bags, they do check, plus as already said if you pay for the bike you get 32kg for bike plus 20kg (or relevant airline) for bag. I would fly BA every time, for us as they were AS cheap as Easy jet but we got way better serivce. BA seem to be like marmite though! And I love Marmite!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Morzine in August for 2 people’ is closed to new replies.