Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • Morzine
  • dan77
    Free Member

Its absolutely brilliant!!!! First day here today, drove through the night last night and been out on the five all day, gonna sleep well tonight!!!

Digger90
    Free Member

Nice weather!

Thought it was supposed to be thunder & lightning this week?

igm

That photo’s Les Gets not Morzine methinks. Chavannes Express no?
    Lovely either way though.

dan77
    Free Member

Igm you are correct, we’re staying in morzine but we explored down to les gets today, I love the trail straight down from here had me grinning all the way, there is potential for thunderstorms midweek but hopefully the trails will stay open, we checked the forecast when we arrived this morning and decided to get straight out, incase today was the only good day!

MrTrump
    Free Member

Thread on Morzine and negative comments already, no doubt braking bumps will pop its head up again, enjoy your week rain or shine Morzine or Les Gets, I’m there in July can’t wait.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Even if you get thunderstorms they only shut the lifts if really bad! Hope you enjoy it, no matter what tool comes along to ruin this thread it’s a fab place, had many an awesome holiday there, including one spent at Clinic martin in Thonon les bains awaiting surgery!! Enjoy.

flap_jack
    Free Member

hope you tried all 3 ways down from there – the kiddies route is a hoot !

dantsw13

Hope it stays like that – we drive down Thursday!! Are the tracks in good nick/dry?

legend
    Free Member

flap_jack – Member

hope you tried all 3 ways down from there – the kiddies route is a hoot !

Three?! I can think of at least 9 different trails (all heading towards Les Gets), you need to get your trail hunting eyes on 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

More pics please 😀 will be there 28th of july..
    Have fun dude..

tpbiker
    Free Member

Go out on Monday for the week. Never been before, can’t wait.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

dantsw13

That does look nice and dry – what’s it like in the woody sections?

igm

Flap jack is correct about the green route down through the trees. Straight forward but very chilled and great fun.

dan77
    Free Member

There’s a few puddles in the wooded bits at the moments but nothing much! Just about head out on day 2, will put some more pics up tonight hopefully!

Steve77
    Free Member

I was there yesterday too. Conditions couldn’t have been better, clear blue skies, dry but still grippy, braking bumps under control and no lift queues. Good times

dantsw13

And long may it last!!!

weeksy

JEALOUS !!!!!

11 days till we’re there. More pics…. especially of people on HT’s so i’m not so scared lol.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Weeksy you will be fine its just a case of you can push harder and quicker on a full sus. the first year I went in 2004 I rode a 1994 Kona Fire mountain with Pace RC-35’s of which after a day or too the 50ml forks weren’t working, Mr MC took them apart and I had ground the elastomers away so rest of week was rigid I still had a blinding time especially on the huge 4x cross course in Les Gets that is a barrel of laughs. Enjoy.

dan77
    Free Member

Weeksy- Seen a few HT’s so far, TBH I’m trying to stay well within my own limits of skill, I’ve not been here before and I really wanna last all week without a trip to hospital, I think as long as you stick to your limits you can ride anything within reason seen a few XC bikes an I’m on an orange five but I’m still havin a great time!!!!

Scamper
    Free Member

Out there a month from today on my Soul, just in time for the braking bumps 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No matter what big ass storm trooper bike you are on .. rest assured you will get overtaken by a French youth on a HT with 50ml forks and dressed in Euro fluro lycra (all French Junior DH races are on HT!!!!)

Dan77 good idea! OR you too could have some holidays snaps like this (Mr MC 2009).

Leaving Morzine for the airport home!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Found another Morzine pic to wet the appetite (most of them not on my photobucket account though). First pic circa 2001, GT idrive, saddle at full XC height (couldn’t be dropped due to shock), V brakes and 4″ travel!!

Not sure if this link will work:
    https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=24132117314

MrTrump
    Free Member

Nice pics Munge Chick, reconise most of them but where is the hut shot taken, been for 3 years and never seen it, old age I suspect.

weeksy

Lovely them 🙂

dan77
    Free Member

Few mor pics

dantsw13

Please let it stay like that!!! Long range forecast for the weekend is getting better!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Shed drop used to be THE feature in les gets bike park. Initially without the ladder “chicken” landing which caused as many crashes as it saved. Think they binned it due to sheer number of accidents.

Ps you recognise my knee and the inside of an ambulance? 😀

mybike
    Free Member

I remember that 😉

andytherocketeer

especially of people on HT’s

be there in a few weeks (7/7 onwards I think)… 456 and Soul between us 🙂

dan77
    Free Member

Not me, my mate ben, but you can see how nice it is at the moment

poonprice
    Free Member

Those pics are reassuring to see, after keeping an eye on weather in Morzine, which seemed like as much rain as here in the UK I was thinking the trails would just be a mud fest.

Hope the sunny days last, we get there next week on 27th. Dan77, please keep posting a few pics a day if you can.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Get there on the 28th for 10 days… it’s nice to see photos of sun when the forecast is shower… I guess they are just random downpours?

I_Ache
    Free Member

You lucky git. I really want to get down there with my bike at some point, we went skiing there in Jan and are planning to go again in Feb. I bloody love the place.

Steve77
    Free Member

It’s sad I’ll never get to do that shed drop 🙁

gsp1984
    Free Member

They binned it because of accidents, surely not… bearing in mind there is 50ft gaps and much bigger drops.

woodsa
    Free Member

We’re back next week, hurrah! Finger crossed for the weather.

Scamper
    Free Member

Was that shed drop rollable? 😀

dan77
    Free Member

Not the best quality but a few more pics from today

Mont Blanc in the distance amongst the clouds, I’ll try and get some shot of the trails up tomorrow,

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Sshhh le pleney i love that run! Looks ace

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Morzine’ is closed to new replies.