Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Morvelo jerseys, size and fit
  • captain_bastard
    Free Member

Like the look of the morvelo jerseys, wondering how they size up, ie, is their small same as other makes small? (I know they have a size guide, but I find cut makes as much of a difference)

Rubber_Buccaneer

It varies by range. I have some of their MTB shirts that size up similar to most of my clothing so I’m very medium. I don’t have any of their roadie shirts but have a few pairs of shorts and on me the basic shorts are fine in a medium but the Nth series ones are very tight on my skinny legs

zelak999
    Free Member

I find the MTB jerseys size up a bit small.
    I normally buy Large in most brands as i like a baggy feel.
    With Morvelo i had to send the large back and get an XL.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I suppose the MTB shirts are a little tailored though still a loose fit, I rather like the cut

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Nth Series road stuff is definitely on the Castelli/Sportful Italian sizing side.

nickc

medium is medium. Not vanity sized

roadie shirt (only thing I’ve got) is odd shaped though, skinny arms, but massive amount of material around the middle. As if designed for some-one with beer belly…perhaps that’s their target audience?

PrinceJohn

My MTB tops from them are small, my regular t-shirts and hoodie are medium. All fit nicely.

Kamakazie

I sized up in their roady stuff. I am a small in most clothing but the medium is a good fit for me without being skin tight.

Not tried the MTB tops but would probably go for a small as I don’t like anything too baggy cut.

vmgscot

Using the MTB long sleeve tops and I’m a large – same as my other stuff (eg Dakine, Yeti clothing). I like the MTB tops – they have a fitted cut with no flap and sit well (on me at least).

shortcut

I am usually a large, Castelli sees me in a mix of l and xl.

For Morvelo stuff I have large stuff but it comes up short in the body making access to real pockets a proper pain.

For shorts I use large and am very comfortable in them.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

only ever bought 1 morvelo (mtb) jersey – seemed a weird fit like Nickc’s roadie top, either tight or baggy in different places, so not the wrong size just an odd cut. I’d say it was me except I’m a bit of a kit whore and probably have stuff from a dozen different companies that all fit well.

To fair I was underwhelmed by the design, materials and finish too so it went back for a refund.

fathomer

I like their kit, all bought in sales.

I’m 6′ tall, 38″ chest and about 76kg. Medium in MTB and road tops, though I like the fit of their small t-shirts. As above though, their roadie tops are pretty short but doesn’t both me to much.

The bib shorts though, medium to small, large fit nice apart from being big and flappy around the thighs, so sent them back.

jam1e
    Free Member

I had to go a size up with their MTB tops.

Have a look at their Real World Sizing guide.

benp1

Their sizing is a bit strange

I’m a 38 inch chest, medium is day to day clothes

I tried on a large jersey and it was OK. I tried on a large gilet and it was a bit tight, which made using the built in rear pockets difficult. I bought an XL hemisphere gilet, which is great, but significantly longer and not necessarily much bigger in the chest

Their arm warmers are a good length, something I’ve had a problem with in the past

mccraque

I’ve got some road and MTB stuff from them. The more “enduro” type tops…I can get away with a large – feels the right length and fit.

With their road stuff – I’ve had to return a load because even the XL comes up very small. I go for the XXL wherever possible, and even that is “snug”. Ok for racing but not all dayers. Feel like I am the Hulk, about to burst out. and it’s a little short in the body too and rides up.

I’m a reasonably chunky 5’11”. But not too much of a fatty.

fatmax

I love Morvelo stuff but the sizing even seems to change from year to year on their roadie tops.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Thanks for all the feedback, not sure it helps mind! Ordered a mtb jersey, I’m a small in every make I’ve tried so far, so gone with that… will update when I’ve tried it on

Cheers

Clink

I’ve just received on of their standard jerseys size medium. I’m 5’10” medium build. It fits well, although I agree quite short in the body.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Update, ordered a small mtb shirt, and happy to report it fits like a small, slightly loose fit, nice cut, love the design (arlo Orange fade)

Will be ordering another while the 20% and free delivery code in latest ST mag is valid 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Morvelo jerseys, size and fit’ is closed to new replies.