Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • More reliable dropper post than a Reverb….Thomson???
  • colinpm1
    Free Member

Using a KS Lev and no issues so far. Rock solid and no signs of unwanted movement. And none of the hassle of having to bleed it.

I did have a good chat with my LBS before buying it. They said that the Reverb Stealth was the choice of most people they dealt with but in terms of reliability the Lev was far better. Also they reckoned that for every 10 Reverbs they sold, roughly half would have an issue within a year meaning a warrantee replacement.

Bucko

I’m hoping the Fox DOSS that arrived in the post yesterday proves to be reliable. My Reverb lasted nearly 4 years with no servicing so I can’t complain but i fancied trying something new this time

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

KS Lev

shindiggy
    Free Member

My lev failed today, after its 2nd ride.

Wouldn’t drop, regardless of cable tension. Had no such problems with my previous thomson.

vincienup
    Free Member

Shindiggy, are you sure the cable end is pulled through the remote properly?

paulthearcher
    Free Member

reverb = 3 replacements in 14 months
    ks perfect running for nearly 2 years and 2 british winters,

would never have another reverb just to unreliable.

chestrockwell

Also they reckoned that for every 10 Reverbs they sold, roughly half would have an issue within a year meaning a warrantee replacement.

If that’s true then it’s horrendous. RS need to get their act together or they’ll be knocked off their perch, just as Fox were.

breadcrumb

I got 11 months from my Reverb, started sagging a few mm. Merlin said to have it serviced but I asked them to send it to Fishers for inspection, new one arrived in about a week.

It wasn’t anywhere near due a service, it’s been a poor year for rides for me so far.

The replacement doesn’t have any rotational slop like the old one.

tomhughes46

2nd hand Gravity Dropper had a few minor issues, mostly cable related, but worked ok for about 4 years.

I know the previous owner of my new bike had to get the Lev Integra sorted under warranty as it wouldn’t go all the way down. I’ve just had it rebuilt as it developed 20mm of ‘sag’. Internal cable routing is the devil’s own work…

My mates external Lev seems ok after a couple of years and zero servicing.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘More reliable dropper post than a Reverb….Thomson???’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM