Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • More mavic cross max free hub help?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I am looking at getting a new freehub, but the one on ChainReactionCycles says it fits FTS-L only the one on my wheel is FTS-X i have had a look on the mavic website and it only has the FTS-X, so i cant find if there in any difrence.

I cant find a FTS-X for sale on line :'(

Will the FTS-L work the same or where can i get a FTS-X one from?

dickie
    Free Member

Have a search on MTBR, there was an thread about compatability of free hubs on there.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have no account for MTBR 🙁 so it wont let me search for the FTS-X or FTS-L

I have registered, but it still wont let me look :'( untill my account get activated…

🙂

Any one any ideas

nasher
    Free Member

Contact Chikven cycles, they are the distributors and should advise.

what year are your hubs? if they are the ITS4 type then those will not work with the older / lower end models

Nezbo
    Free Member

nasher – they are the 2009 Crossmax SL. I have ordered a now bush of ebay. but if that dont work i will contact Chiken cycles

Cheers

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

The FTS-L (M40591) wont fit

the FTS-X (M40580) is the one you need for Crossmax SL wheels, not listed on the CRC site however.

(Chickens haven't distributed for about a year and a half now)

nasher
    Free Member

I have a set of the SL's, has freehub gone already?

I heard they were far more robust than those of old!

Zulu 11 – Has chicken stopped distributing since the fire? who distributes mavic now?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have contacted CRC and they dont have any and dont think they will be getting any :'(

What am i going to do cos the wheels are ace. And i dont want to bin them cos of a £40 part :'(

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Nezbo, any dealer will be able to order one in, try your LBS – the world doesnt stop at the CRC warehouse door 😀

Nasher – Mavic distribute direct to trade since Sept 09, offices in Surrey.

Nezbo
    Free Member

The LBS around my is CRAP and i dont think halfords would order one for me 🙁

so i need to find one online really…

I will need to find another LBS, maybe leisure lakes in bury may help (it is about 25mi away though 🙁

nasher
    Free Member

I thought if they distributed direct to trade their prices would have been much cheaper!!!

They are now more expensive!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I think the less cynical person would point you towards what's happened to the pound versus the Euro there Nasher 😉

nasher
    Free Member

Everyones prices have gone up granted because of the Euro, however if you are cutting out the middle man then they should be cheaper.

anyway, its the cycle trade they can charge whatever!!

Nezbo
    Free Member

Pedalon have ordered from france, so they should have some in stock within the next couple of weeks 🙂

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/mavic_fts_freehub.html

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘More mavic cross max free hub help?’ is closed to new replies.