Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • More IT help (sorry) moving to new PC
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Is there a way to copy my outlook files to my new PC?

I’ve taken a note of the email settings and internet settings – anything else I’ll need?

Thanks

druidh
    Free Member

You can export the files and import them on your new PC.

Pretty sure there’s a transfer “wizard” that does all of this…

JulianA
    Free Member

Outlook 2003: File | Import and Export | Export to a file

Choose your file type and away you go.

Import into Outlook on new PC.

If you can’t see Import and Export on the File menu, hover over the down arrows at the bottom of the menu to expand the whole menu.

Hope this helps.

J

Zedsdead
    Free Member

thanks

jova54
    Free Member

Need to reopen this one for a bit more info if anyone can help.

I’m currently on Outlook 2000 but have a copy of Outlook 2003 to install. is it safe just do an install/replace or should I back up any files before hand? If so what? I have email folders and address books.

Thanks

Simon-E

jova54, do you need to upgrade?

A friend’s HD was zapped recently when her PC’s power supply went bang. All her files and photos – her daughter’s wedding, a holiday, her grandson, files for the Mountaineering Club and saved info from online banking – are all unrecoverable. Always, always, always back up your data regularly, not just when you upgrade/update your software.

Zedsdead, remember you may want to copy your address book, any document templates if you have Office and other software settings (bookmarks/favourites, RealPlayer downloads & library).

Results like this one are near the top of a Google search for: “outlook 2000” folders. Also try backing up outlook.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘More IT help (sorry) moving to new PC’ is closed to new replies.