Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • more insurance advice please
  • stumpy01

Yeah, well I shouldn't have rung around the insurance companies on Friday the 13th for an update, but I did.
    When I posted this thread: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/woman-reversed-into-my-car-now-claiming-i-hit-her-advice-please
    a while back, I got some great responses so I was hoping for more of the same.

To summarise though, woman reversed into me while I was stationary in a cinema car park. No witnesses, as I thought she was going to drive off so followed her instead of getting people's details.
    She then told her insurance that she was in fact stationary and I hit her so insurance company wanted to settle 50:50. I refused and it's been on-going ever since. As far as I know she still hasn't provided a statement to her insurance company.
    From the pics I took of the damage to my car, I fail to see how any reasonable human being would come to the conclusion that I had been anything other than stationary.

Her insurance company were issued with court proceedings late October and after phoning my insce company this morning, they are supposedly still waiting to hear back from Direct Line (her insurers). So i ring Direct Line and blokey tells me that they have responded to the court proceeding and are only willing to settle 50/50.

So any idea what happens now? Will Swift Cover (my insce) roll over & say sorry, but this is the best we can do? Or will it go to court? And how does that work? Will I have to appear or will the details just go before a judge and he'll decide? Is there some kind of 'accident expert' I can go to and show them the pics and get a report saying that in their opinion I must have been stationary – assuming that's the conclusion he also comes to??

This is really getting on my man boobs now. Basically, this woman crashed into me and a a result I have had to have my car repaired & have had to pay the excess (£250). My insce is due at the end of the month & Swiftcover have said they will only assume a worst case outcome and my insce is going to almost double as a result. They have said they will refund me the difference if it turns out that I am found not to be at fault, but that is not the point. I didn't really have £250 spare lying around to pay my excess & now I don't really have another £250-£300 to pay on the extra insurance that I shouldn't have to pay as it wasn't my fault.

stumpy01

erm……no one?? Pretty please?

Suggsey
    Free Member

I would go to court and stick by my guns. Dont renew with Swift Cover do a search on one of the comparison sites you will find a better deal even if you have lost all your no claims etc.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Go elsewhere for insurance. Get protected cover 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Did you have any legal cover with your insurance?

Were there any security cameras in the car park?

1) Find out where she lives and hack them into little bits? but you might end up doing time.

2) Voodoo doll of the woman?

Put an add in the paper and ask for the witnesses to come through!

Or contact your insurance company and see what they are going to do.

I would take option 1 and eat all the evidence.

stumpy01

Sugsey – yeah I am going to try and pursue it as far as possible. Yeah, next week will be spent ringing round insurance companies to try & get a better deal and see if they also will offer a refund once this claim has run it's course.

Scottchegg – yeah I probably will be going elsewhere. But, I did think that if I remain as a customer of theirs for another year they might be a bit more enthusuastic about sorting it out. Probably not though, as they have been useless so far.

zaskar – yeah I have legal cover, I think. 99.9% sure, I do.
    Yes there were CCTV cameras – one only about 30yds away, but apparently it didn't have anything on it showing the incident. I reckon they don't keep the footage for long and it had already been recorded over by the time the insce company got in touch.
    I did consider a drive by shooting of brake fluid from water pistols all over her car, but didn't get her address and aren't going to try that hard to find it. The temptation would be too great.
    Everytime I ring my insurance company they seem to just be sitting there doing nothing. They always ask me whether I would like to do this, that or the other next – I keep telling them that I want it sorted asap, so they should be doing whatever necessary to get it done. But, it just seems to drag on and on…..it's already 4 months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘more insurance advice please’ is closed to new replies.