Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • More French MTBing .. Chamonix and Lac Blanc
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So can anyone recommend some good campsites in Chamonix or relatively cheap biker friendly accommodation?

Plus has anyone been to Lac Blanc in alsace region? what’s that like?

Thanks.

steveh

We did Lac blanc last year for a day at the end of our mini may/june road trip. Over 4 days (3 riding) we did badwildbad and todtnau in germany and then Lac Blanc on the way home. Lac blanc was my favourite of the 3 venues, lots of different trails, only 1 lift. Ideal place for a day or two to break up a journey but not got enough to spend a week there.

ianv
    Free Member

Not been to lac blanc but if you can read french: http://www.26in.fr/bike-parks/france_vosges.html

mixed reviews, some like it, gets busy with lots of germans. the french mag big bike liked it I seem to remember.

ash

Lac Blanc is a tiny bike park in a fair-sized mountain range full of lovely singletrack. L.B. is worth a day at most I reckon, so you could spend other time exploring some of the natural stuff that the area has to offer, if that floats your boat 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

we went to vosages area in 2003 great singletrack, based above kayerserburg, recommended area well worth exploring.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘More French MTBing .. Chamonix and Lac Blanc’ is closed to new replies.