Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Montane clothing….what is the fit like?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Interested in a new softshell from Montane, but was wondering what the fit is ike. im about 6ft 2 or 3″, and fairly slim. not sure wether to go L or XL

any ideas?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I found it very slender around my large muscular torso, especially around my beefy lumps of arm guns.

😉

druidh
    Free Member

I find it generally pretty neat. I take a medium or a large in most clothing, always a medium in Montane stuff (though I have some Small Montane Terra trousers).

MSP

I have found the cut varies quite a lot on different garments for Montane, not a brand I would purchase online.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

what is the sleeve length like? cant find any measurements anywhere!

IA

6’4″ here, lanky. And I wear a medium featherlite. MENTAL. Nothing with long sleeve is EVER long enough in a medium, and even larges are normally dubious. But my montane is perfect.

So in summary, you might be a medium! But as above, apparently their cut varies a lot.

thebunk

I’m relatively short and chunky muscular and compact, and have two Montane Jackets, both small. Fit me nicely they do, though this is a fat lot of use to you…I guess you’ve seen this?

http://www.montane.co.uk/sizechart.pdf

Also, I’ve emailed them and received a response before: http://www.montane.co.uk/contact-us

ditch_jockey

I have a couple of the softshell jackets – the Puma (I think) and the Sabretooth. The cut on both is at the ‘athletic’ end of the scale; I have room for a merino base layer underneath, but I doubt I could comfortably add a fleece to that. Sleeve length is a weird one – the Puma sits perfectly on the heel of my hand, the Sabretooth I had to get taken up an inch to stop the sleeves drooping down under my waterproof jacket.

To give a context for that, I am fairly broad shouldered – find ME stuff a bit tight, RAB kit fits my shoulders much more comfortably. The Montane stuff that I’ve tried is a little more roomy than ME.

The arm measurement is roughly 23″ for the Puma and 25″ for the Sabretooth, taken from where the side seam meets the sleeve.

Mounty_73

I have a few Montane items, they fit neatly & close for me.

My advice would be try them on, each of my items are a different size, varying in Med & Lrg.

Sleeves have never been a problem for me with Montane. Montane support is good IME.

grahamb
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ or so, slim build, longish arms. I’ve a couple of their event jackets, a cheaper waterproof, a couple of their pertex tops & an (older) softshell. They’re all medium & i’d say they’re a perfect fit.

cp

nats under 6ft here, broad shoulders, long arms, slim build. Size L featherlite velo here – and the arms are a bit on the short side – there’s about a 1″ gap between cuff and glove.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have tons of their stuff.. the kit varies quite a bit, outer shells tend to be a bit roomier and less fitted the insulation series are bit more fitted shape wise… always found them a bit too long in the arm for me but then that when at ease, but when moving around and reaching etc that extra room is perfect.

IA

nats under 6ft here, broad shoulders, long arms, slim build. Size L featherlite velo here – and the arms are a bit on the short side – there’s about a 1″ gap between cuff and glove.

Interesting, cos my med sounds like it has longer sleeves on me, and I don’t have short arms or ought, average for my 6’4″ height.

So in summary, I think the OP needs to try some on!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yep, think youre right IA!

rickon
    Free Member

I’m a small Montane Velo, Medium Dyno and Hyena. The softshells come up smaller in the arms and torso than the Velo.

I usually fit a small in most, as I’m a shocking 35″ chest, and 5’11. So I’d suggest going up one size for the Montane softshells.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Anyone want a Superfly XT?
    Size Small
    Red
    Brand new with tags?

RRP £300
    £160 posted?

In terms of fit…
    I got this size small because I am quite skinny, but forgot I was probably too tall for the small size.

not sure this is just the shell jackets but its the only kit of theirs I have tried on.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

6’1″ slim build here and I have a L featherlite velo. Its a great fit, perhaps a little tight on the shoulders when over a few layers and I’m not broad.
    The arms are a good length, perhaps a few mm shorter than some would like but my arms are certainly not long for my height.

rickon
    Free Member

Ah, yes – I have a Superfly XT too. It’s a slim fit on me, and is a medium.

So, maybe it’s just the Velo that is a larger fit than the other Montane jackets.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Sizing is generally slim, I take medium (5’10) across the range of items i have although my krypton is a little tight round my (fairly broad) shoulders. Montane are good in my experience at replying to questions so drop them a line – some items are more ‘athletic’ than others – my krypton equilibrium is less forgiving than other items I have and montane were helpful in confirming sizing

billyboy
    Free Member

I’m 6’/5’11” and I prefer the Montane event jacket in an XL, but that’s mainly because it then covers my crutch. Dry parts…..always good

carlphillips
    Free Member

mmmmmm, im 5’10 with 42-43″chest bang between L and XL, think i’ll go with large and see how i get on….

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Montane clothing….what is the fit like?’ is closed to new replies.