Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mondraker Foxy RR vs Pivot Mach 5.7 – Which Would You Choose?
  • ryanw
    Free Member

Evening all,

Been looking into both bikes (2011 models) and they consistently receive great reviews.

If you had the money, which would you choose and why?

I’m 6ft and 90kg, looking at a large in both. I mainly do XC trails but will be venturing over to the Alps over summer for some AM action (nothing too crazy!)…

Cheers all!

devilman
    Free Member

I posted a few thoughts on the Foxy R last week.Felt really long and low to me, did not inspire fun times.

ryanw
    Free Member

Really? I have pretty long arms so that sounds quite appealing to me…

The top tube design is qwerkey, but I like it!

How did you find the rest of the bike to ride. Rear sus up to scratch?

chakaping
    Free Member

And I posted my thoughts on his thread. 😀

Definitely try a Foxy before you buy, it’s not like most bikes. Loved mine but it was too big for me. Love my replacement Dune much more.

devilman
    Free Member

I echo the try before you buy. Rear suspension was very good for pedaling, never had a plush feel though.
    Evans should have them to demo in large or at least the foxy r.

How does the Dune compare?

ryanw
    Free Member

I’m throwing a leg over one tomorrow, will be interesting to see how it feels.
    £1900 sounds a fair price for a minter doesn’t it???

I’ll be upgrading the front and rear sus to Kashima coated units anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

How does the Dune compare?

Slightly higher BB, slacker HA (66deg), shorter TT (I do have a medium, had a large foxy).

Corners great, very composed over rough ground, easy to manual. Only gripe is flexy rear, but my new bolt-through QR should fix that fingers crossed.

ryanw
    Free Member

How tall are you mate? I’m 6.1ft and hoping the large Foxy will fit spot on

Looked into the Dunes but think my skill set suits a Foxy better…

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m just under 5ft 9in. Large Foxy sounds right for you.

Well the Foxy is a much better bike for XC and was fine for most of the stuff I did on it in the Alps. I did get a bit out of my depth on Verbier’s steeper bits, but this was partly ‘cos it was a bit long for me.

BTW, a friend had a 2010 RR and didn’t like it at all, hated the flexy rear and had problems with those CB wheels.

Me on my old Foxy (it does look a bit big for me eh?)…

ryanw
    Free Member

Cheers.

I’ll see how it feels tomorrow. I won’t convince myself it’s the bike for me like I normally do!

£4200 down to £1900 seems pretty decent though……

devilman
    Free Member

I wanted to like it. The RR in green looks so cool.

ryanw
    Free Member

Riding the Foxy RR on Monday now.

It has a small chip on the top tube and a little by the cranks. You think £1900 is a fair price?

Will upload pics if it comes home with me….

flyingfox
    Free Member

I’ve ridden lots (but then I am a retailer so you can say I’m being cheeky if you wish) and I can honestly say that the Pivot Mach 5.7 is the best bike I’ve ever ridden. Then again, I may ride differently from you and like a different type of bike. That’s why we have demo bikes – because they convince people.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker Foxy RR vs Pivot Mach 5.7 – Which Would You Choose?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM