Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mondraker Factor RR
  • chojin
    Free Member

Hi – noob here!

I used to frequent Bikeradar, but it was seemingly full of trolls and idiots :p

alas, I’m looking at buying a Mondraker Factor RR and was wondering about the sizing? How do they shape up?

I’m 6ft tall and “inbetween” frame sizes, 18″ is usually too small and 20″ usually feels cumbersome! I know it is always bike specific and you can only ever tell by test riding the bike of your choice, but the problem is there is no where around these parts which have the RR in stock, let alone a variety of sizes to try! So it’s going to have to be an online purchase, or nothing 😐

So does anyone here own one? What are your impressions of it?

jedi

i’ve not heard of it…… runs off to look

grantway
    Free Member

Are you near Afan as the Skyline shop
    has a few Mondraker test bikes

chojin
    Free Member

unfortunately not, i’m in Southampton :/

Afan is a good 3 hours away, i’d say!

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

To be fair, if your looking at splashing £1500+ on a bike a 3hr drive wouldnt stop me test riding…

Simwit

Camberley cycles stock Mondraker & they’re only 45 mins from you at Frimley. No Idea wether they’d have what you’re after or even if they’re any good as a shop but a bit nearer than 3hrs

http://www.camberleycycles.com/mondraker-bikes-75-c.asp

tree-magnet
    Free Member

chojin – Member
    unfortunately not, i’m in Southampton :/

Afan is a good 3 hours away, i’d say!

Ben in Torico deals with Mondraker mate. Still a bit of a trek, but not as far as Afan.

Northerner

Hey Up

I am 6ft and rode the large and the xtra large last year and thought that the large felt right for me..

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

GA Cycles in Southampton stock Mondraker – worth asking them?

viv
    Free Member

My local bike shop stocks em, actually told me they were a bit crap!

They look gorgeous though….

chojin
    Free Member

@Hob Nob – GA Cycles sell them, but don’t have any in stock :/

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated 🙂

Northerner

Try FreeFlow Bikes in Glasgow they might have stock

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Have a word with torico, could pop over there with you on Saturday if they’ve got stock…

chojin
    Free Member

Oh, hai :]

I may take you up on that! Just checked the torico website but there’s no mention of Mondraker though …

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I know he’s got a demo prayer, summum, foxy and prayer in the shop at the moment, and he does deal with them so can get you the model you want.

http://www.torico.co.uk/news/2010/sep/24/demo-bike-sell/

traildog
    Free Member

I test rode a one and struggled to get the hang of it. It came up very small feeling for it’s size, and while sometimes this can make for a nice flickable feeling bike, it just didn’t work for me in this case. So I would certainly get yourself a test ride (although I wouldn’t buy a bike if I couldn’t get one). If it helps, I’m 5’9″ and it was a ‘Medium’ which I rode.
    Like I say, get yourself a test ride, not just for sizing but how do you know you’ll get on with the bike if you don’t ride it?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker Factor RR’ is closed to new replies.