Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – June 16th – Blackstone Edge
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press, Hollingworth Lake, Littleborough OL15 0AZ
    8:15 pm
    Bring beer money

hora
    Free Member

Ooo it’ll be light till 10 too 🙂

woody2000

Oooh, might see if the Brighouse crew fancy a road trip. Would you mind if a few of us turned up?

Harry_the_Spider

Ooo it’ll be light till 10 too

Like you’ll show up. We’re not even sure that you actually exist. You could be a spam-bot like CFH.

Oooh, might see if the Brighouse crew fancy a road trip. Would you mind if a few of us turned up?

Not at all. The pace will be “social” and the piss taking will be turned up to 11.

binners

I’m in!

Ooo it’ll be light till 10 too

He’ll know this as he glances out of the window after another evening on the sofa, watching Corrie

binners

I should mention: Don’t park at the Wine Press. It gets really busy on summer evenings. They’ll not appreciate us lot filling the small car park up, while we swan off into the hills. They may even refuse to serve us posh crisps and San Miguel afterwards. And we can’t risk that!

If you turn down the road by the side of the pub, that runs along Hollingworth Lake, there a visitor centre car park about 50 yards down on the left. Its a much better bet to park up there

hora
    Free Member

Binners I could buy you this to wear:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLBMSLMLT/biemme-sleeveless-mesh-logo-top

Don’t park at the Wine Press. It gets really busy on summer evenings. They’ll not appreciate us lot filling the small car park up, while we swan off into the hills.

much like a certain group does when they visit Hebden Bridge then disapear off on their 4hour+ rides… cough bogtrotters.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Hope to be there this week…!

Bregante

Well I’ve read it myself but I just can’t see any smelling pistakes in binners’ poster. It doesn’t feel right.

Come on fess up. Who are you and what have you done with binners?

I strongly suspect that I still won’t be right for Monday. Its not funny any more 🙁

terrahawk
    Free Member

ha! I’ve spent the last few minutes proof-reading the poster too!

I’ll be there. Mayhem the weekend after though, so I’ll be taking it steady and will be drinking mineral water 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Wanna lift?

terrahawk
    Free Member

depends. Do I win a bent rotor again?

tthew

That doesn’t sound too far to exceed my more riding than driving rule, so hopefully see you Monday!

binners

Bregante – I discovered an interesting new feature on my Mac called a ‘spellchecker’. Its amazing. Carent fink why hive niver yoozed it beefoor

Just trying to think what route we did last time. I seem to recall it was all rather dark. Might do something similar, as the other routes I know around there will come in at over two hours, not allowing for the inevitable faffing and (probably my…) mechanicals. Picking your way through the Rocks on the edge is much more fun when you can actually see them 😀

Bregante

If I actually believed that hora was going to turn up for this I’d probably ride over on the road bike for a pint and then scav a lift home from him.

Harry_the_Spider

Just trying to think what route we did last time.

Up to the White House.
    The “Mordor Traverse”.
    Screaming DH to the pub.

Picking your way through the Rocks on the edge is much more fun when you can actually see them

Yes. I’ve tried to forget the “crunchy” feeling when I removed my glove after going A over T.

D0NK

Really should turn up to another one of these soon, especially some new trails, will have to see if I can get a pass (doubtful)

I’ve spent the last few minutes proof-reading the poster too!

ms jones either has a lopsided head or the helmet has been shopped on slightly skew (central vent/nose alignment) – if we’re being pedantic.
    Good work tho 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Ms Jones is looking a little flushed and suprised too. Shock and Awe?

binners

Ah, yes. Just been consulting previous jaunts on strava. I’d suggest a similar route. Much more fun on a light june evening. Especially the descent from the Edge 😀 The route going round the other way, which is a belter, we’d be struggle to make last orders. And we can’t have that! Its all about priorities, after all

Ms Jones is looking a little flushed and suprised too. Shock and Awe?

Horas flash grenades?

Harry_the_Spider

Dropper post.

dazh

Are newcomers welcome? Never been on one of these before as they’re usually a bit too far but this is just that bit closer to South Manc to make it do-able. And I hardly know the trails round there so would be good to ride something new.

tubthumped
    Free Member

Quite fancy this. Been here for 7 months now and still not very clued up on linking the nearby trails together!

Wish my new bike was here though – looks like I’ll be slugging it out on the girlfriends extra small Orange Five…

Harry_the_Spider

Are newcomers welcome?

No. Sod off 😉

Where abouts are you? The Prestwich ones should be even closer if you are travelling up from the expensive side of town.

dazh

Levenshulme. Not exactly far I know but the Mrs doesn’t get in with the car til 7.30ish on Mondays so it all seems a bit of a rush to get anywhere further than a few miles.

Anyway I’m moving to Tod next month, which will make things much easier 🙂

Clover

Moving to Tod? Say hi (if I make it on Monday). Happy to point to trails.

HindlePie
    Free Member

I’m going to see how I feel after Sundays ride but probably going to make it.

Binners – What spares should I bring for you this week? Headset? Cranks?

dazh

Moving to Tod? Say hi (if I make it on Monday). Happy to point to trails.

Will do. Getting quite excited about finally living somewhere with proper biking from the doorstep 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

More like fags and sausage rolls… 😀

HindlePie
    Free Member

I think he’s eaten enough

buck53

I think I’m going to turn up to this, if that’s OK. Be rude not to being as it’s five minutes up the road from me. I’ll be the fat bloke looking nervously at his bike and begging it not to break.

Harry_the_Spider

Loads out!

No pressure to come up with a good route eh Binners? 😉

nach
    Free Member

In!

ms jones either has a lopsided head or the helmet has been shopped on slightly skew (central vent/nose alignment)

… or she has a slightly twisted head, just like me. Trying on new helmets is always annoying ¬¬

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Will be my first ride in 8 weeks. Wanna lift Binners?

edhornby

Mrs Ed is working so I’m out 🙁

binners

Could you just bring me a spare bike? Actually – could you bring me some lemsip. Still got the remnants of man flu, so I’ll be coughing and spluttering, and generally moaning.

Weather looks good for the evening though 😀

dontdropthesoap – are you still not getting messages though? Sort that bloody phone of yours out, will ya. I’m picking someone up en route, but Lee’s going. Give him a shout. No point both of you driving

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

No messages. I’ll contact Lee.

woody2000

No love for a road trip from the Brighouse massive so I don’t think we’ll be there tonight. Enjoy! 🙂

tubthumped
    Free Member

Looks like I’m out. Killed the rear hub on the other halfs bike yesterday and cube still haven’t delivered my Frittz. Only option is the cyclocross… it would cope but would be a bit too slow!

binners

The bit on the top of Blackstone, where you’re picking your way through boulders, certainly isn’t cyclocross territory. You could shoulder it, but it’d take the fun out of it

Daz – just get a bloody iPhone like everybody else, will you? Then you can use it to actually communicate with people 😉

Could I just add: there seems to be people from a range of geographical locations threatening to come on the Monday Night Pub rides. If any of you fancy hosting, and introducing us to your local trails and ales, shout up!

HindlePie
    Free Member

I shan’t be riding – my back’s ****, yes back not bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – June 16th – Blackstone Edge’ is closed to new replies.