• This topic has 24 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Mods ???? "What is the last thing you made? (pics pls) -" Best thread ever…
  • righog
    Free Member

Hi Mods

What is the last thing you made? (pics pls) –

My browser is saying that it is unsafe can you fix it ???

righog
    Free Member

somebody report this please !

scotroutes

Done

righog
    Free Member

Thanks Scotroutes

Drac

Might be beyond our control plus we need to get the same error to find it.

Any particular page?

What OS are you using?

Which browser?

Can you do a virus and malware scan on your PC and then retry?

Which software is reporting the warning?

allthepies
    Free Member

Chrome on Windows 7

Doesn’t like photobucket.

ton

i got that too.

Drac

Cheers for the screenshots, seems it’s to do with Photobucket then. I’ll investigate and maybe disable the photo bucket post until we can find a solution.

northernmatt

I tried it on Safari on ipad this morning and it worked okay. At work now and I get the same as above (Chrome windows 7)

Drac

Ta I can’t emulate anything on on my Mac or iPhone, if I can get on my PC I’ll see what it reports. I’ve google to see if their or any other reports but can’t find any.

Can someone be brave and try Photobucket sight and tell if it’s a certain page on the thread?

Jamie
    Free Member

Drac, hit page 1.

On a mac/chrome, and get the same. Nothing on Safari/Firefox.

It’s this pic:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/milton_mowbray/P8130187_zpsb689c6c1.jpg

and anything starting http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/

Visiting above link in FF.

Cougar

I can’t replicate the issue (W7, IE / Chrome / FF). I expect it’s either a false positive though or a hostile advert. Either way, it’s almost certainly outside of our control; that error is reporting a problem with Photobucket, not STW.

Googling “photobucket malware” returns a number of forum threads going back several years, looks like this happens from time to time.

Drac

Thanks Jamie, page one would have been the sensible place to start. 😳

Not much we can do except disable the link so it doesn’t download automatically.

Cougar

Update – it triggers for me too in Chrome on the link Jamie provided. FF and IE are fine.

Drac

Ok I don’t get the warning if I go to the thread but do if I go to your link directly Jamie. (Safari on Macbook)

Suspect Cougar has it that photobucket is triggering a false positive.

Cougar

Thinking about it,

The way this is flagging up, it’s not saying “this photo has malware,” but rather “this site has been reported as having malware.” It could well be that at some point, one post or advert has tripped some sort of automated blacklist. Even if “http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/” has had an infection, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it still does or that other pages are similarly affected.

And of course, push comes to shove, the STW post which is tripping the warning is a link to a static image. Even if Photobucket is riddled with spyware, there’s no way that can manifest from viewing an STW page hotlinking to that image; it’s just a .JPG, you’re not browsing Photobucket’s website. The risk of getting an infection from Photobucket by looking at STW is about the same likelyhood as me catching an infection from watching a news report on TV about ebola victims.

File it under “don’t worry about it and wait till the blacklist is reset” would be my suggestion. If you’re concerned, don’t post anything to Photobucket for a couple of days till it’s likely to have been isolated by them.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks all for checking it out.

I am not that worried about catching something, I just leave the Malware etc and don’t seem to have too many problems.

Just thought it would be a shame to lose that cracking thread

Unfortunately bringing it to your attention is as much help as I can be with this sort of stuff.

maccruiskeen

s about the same likelyhood as me catching an infection from watching a news report on TV about ebola victims.

Switches off News 24, boils tv remote in detol.

ourmaninthenorth

Just thought it would be a shame to lose that cracking thread

Damn right. It’s my finest work here…. 😉

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I’m getting the same message on the Guy Martin Spitfire thread.

Edit: Not any more. Thanks.

Edit2: Back again.

MrNice
    Free Member

me too. On chrome, which appears not to give an option of “**** it, what’s the worst that can happen”

EDIT: “me too” as in I’m still getting the message

EDIT #2: I have found the button to ignore safety warnings 🙂

Drac

It’s Photobucket then causing issues.

bruneep

Its back again on the guy martin spitfire thread

Stoner
    Free Member

I wonder if it’s a carry over from this:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/malware-infested-ads,news-19408.html

yunki
    Free Member

can we get onto the ‘what is the last thing you made?’ thread yet?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Mods ???? "What is the last thing you made? (pics pls) -" Best thread ever…’ is closed to new replies.