Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mobile internet while abroad
  • secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Going to be in Italy for a couple of weeks and would like to have occasional mobile internet access. I've got a Vodaphone dongle for use in the UK – anyone know if these can be used abroad, or would it be better just to buy a PAYG one locally? I don't want to run up silly bills! I presume there would be no problem getting one to work on my laptop …

donsimon
    Free Member

It should work, but probably better off speaking to Vodafone. How much are you gong to use it?
    Would it not be better to look for wi-fi hotspots with the laptop? A couple of €€€€s for a Starbucks and free wifi. ❓

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Thanks. It would only be for occasional use, so I wouldn't need it too often … just for checking/booking travel and emails really. The wi-fi hotspot seems like it might be the best option.

footflaps

Cheapest option is to buy an unlock code for the dongle off ebay, then buy an Italian PAYG data sim card when you're out there.

Roaming in the EU is something like £3 per Mbyte, but you could buy 3Gb for about 20 Euros out there as a local user.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mobile internet while abroad’ is closed to new replies.