Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Missing twins in Syria want to come home…Quick Poll maybe
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

I dont doubt that the majority of the Syrian population feels abandoned and betrayed by the west but probably more because we didn’t bomb Assad when it looked like we might.

Yes the West should only bomb the other sides Muslims not our Muslims

WTF? More like stop this murdering bastard killing us, I think

hora
    Free Member

I can’t say yes or no to the twins return until I read reports/saw interviews etc etc.

Looking at this from a total pessimistic point of view – the girls could have been conditioned and radicalised for attacks at home.

From another perspective they could have been incredibly naive, possibly been raped and escaped/feel stupid.

On a wider scale- do you want a Arab strongman who is popular and retains popularity even after years of fighting and struggles or a power vacuum with many competing factions and nutjobs thrown into the mix.

Going back a year or two John Kerry scared me. A man ready to repeat countless US foreign mistakes by pumping arms into a conflict that isn’t completely black and white. Many of the fighting factions have an uneasy truce. They aren’t incredibly close bedfellows. The only thing that unites them is their desire for Assad out and themselves in.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@thestabiliser – the FSA where very pro the West dropping bombs on their Muslims not ours. They wanted Assad to be defeated not just to stop bombing the people who where trying to overthrow him. I don’t doubt Assad is a very bad guy but if you start a civil war against the well armed government its going to be a mess

wrecker
    Free Member

More like stop this murdering bastard killing us, I think

Probably more like stop these murdering bastards killing us. The civilians are taking a whacking from all sides, not just Assad.

The whole thing is a massive ***k up and shows no signs of slowing down.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

We were right not to arm the rebels, based upon what had gone before in Afghan and Bosnia – the weapons start with the “good guys” but end up who knows where.

Syria is like that really critical piece in Jenga. You know it needs to be removed, but if you leave it others might fall off. If you pull it out, you risk taking down plenty more – in this case Jordan. If Jordan goes then it opens a whole can of ratshit.

What people forget is that ISIS is a sectarian organisation – keeping Assad in play keeps HAMAS onside and with that Iran. Despite the hawkish government in Israel I would be surprised if there was not a back channel with Tehran about how to keep ISIS in check. Common interest can be very persuasive.

D0NK

How would they be dealt with under Sharia? Do that…

why would we employ tactics we deplore other people for doing?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Let them back in but stop their oddy for a couple of months.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Allowed back as they are British

No pudding for a considerable period of time

wrecker
    Free Member

you monster!

patriotpro
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    How would they be dealt with under Sharia? Do that…
    why would we employ tactics we deplore other people for doing?

What’s the alternative, give them a cuddle, send them back to mummy n daddy and send out the message that doing it has no consequence?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0WdJx-Wkw[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

What’s the alternative, give them a cuddle, send them back to mummy n daddy and send out the message that doing it has no consequence?

Yes that really is the only other option available
    Literally nothing but these two positions 🙄

hora
    Free Member

No pudding?

Thats disgusting. I wouldnt comeback if I faced that you tyrant

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’d hoof the pair of them in the slats.
    That’ll learn them.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rumour has it that Junkyard will one day get a life…Make it happen junky!

PS – They’re not British, ask them…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nice defence of your critical thinking that the only alternative to sharia law is cuddles. Its was a pretty daft thing to have said.
    Its a delight as always to deal with your gracious and pertinent insights Professor Pro

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

(Edited because it got stuck in the ether and the argument was 2 pages ago)

slowoldman

You heartless swine. I’m sure not even ISIS would withhold pudding.

Anyway, I reckon a couple of daft, idealistic youngsters. I mean at their age I thought I was a Marxist for God’s sake.

Politically I reckon it would be a coup to get them back declaring how stupid they have been and how appalling the situation in Syria and beyond actually is.

Northwind

Let’s keep it simple- We take them back, because we’re not scum. Bit of room for discussion in the detail, but that’s the big picture. If they want to help discourage others from making the same mistake, that’s great. But they’re kids, and victims, we treat them as such.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    I mean at their age I thought I was a Marxist for God’s sake.

Make up your mind slowoldman … shirley you cannot be that slow so were you a Marxist or were you not? 😆

I reckon the best punishment should be feeding them bacon and pork to fatten them up.

Then get them to advertise for the bacon and pork industry for the rest of their lives. The only meat they are allowed to eat is pork … that will learn them for disrespecting bacon and pork. 😆

outofbreath
    Free Member

no pudding

This kind of mob justice sickens me. We’re supposed to be civilised.

edward2000
    Free Member

How can we trust them? Are they playing call my bluff?

Sandwich

Now we know why the HRA is to be scrapped.

nickc

Yes, of course they should be allowed to return they’re 17yr old girls on the run from people who don’t think twice about hacking peoples heads of with a **** knife. They’re probably scared out of their minds

Bloody hell, what’s happened to us that this even got to three **** pages?

PJM1974
    Free Member

ave a watch of these “classes” filmed in Luton in the last few weeks.

So, would you say that those women in the video were empowered?

Genuine question, quite interested in the points of view.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Missing twins in Syria want to come home…Quick Poll maybe’ is closed to new replies.