Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Minion dhf or Shorty ?
  • Northwind

Wait, do you mean totally dry roots, or wet? I was assuming wet but yeah, they’re too pointy for dry roots.

fergal
    Free Member

Shorty up front today at the Golfy, pretty damn fine.

Enduro mag had a piece a few years ago where it rated a shorty with minion rear best combo for roots/loam, ok on rocky stuff too, worked for me last few years, although when its very dry or lots of rocks, i run something else.

hainman
    Free Member

@cheifgrooveguru it was the 2.3
    wasn’t wanting to stump up more cash for the 2.5

Kamakazie

Fair bit of conflicting opinion it seems.

Think I’ll try a Shorty this winter and change to a Vigilante when it starts to dry out.

superfli
    Free Member

I have been using Butchers for a few years now on front. Excellent until it gets real muddy. However, I’ve recently started using VeeTires Flow Snap (Enduro core) – these have been excellent so far. Possibly the best tyres I’ve used on off camber roots. Mud clearance is very good too. I’m going to stick with them throughout the winter I think.
    My goto mud tyre is the Michelin Wild Mud advanced reinforced. But dont use one on the back lol!

chiefgrooveguru

@cheifgrooveguru it was the 2.3
    wasn’t wanting to stump up more cash for the 2.5

Ok, that makes more sense. The 2.5 is a far more confidence inspiring front tyre in everything apart from full-on mud, and it’s no worse in deep mud, just draggier and needs more fork clearance.

It isn’t just bigger volume, the knobs are much thicker (possibly a bit taller too) and more widely spaced. Carcass is stiffer too so you can drop the pressure even further than you’d expect with the bigger casing.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Minion dhf or Shorty ?’ is closed to new replies.