Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • mini MOT
  • alexonabike

My mini passed its MOT today with no advisories 😀

that is all.

Shadow
    Free Member

Like 😀

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Minis (presuming a proper mini) get a special MOT as they know you’ll break down shortly afterwards and spend the next 11 months fixing it.

The test goes like this:

Are the hazards working?
    Yep.
    Pass.

🙂

My only ever car crash was in a mini (not me driving). I’d only advise you make sure the fuel filler cap is on tight. They really do leak when the car is upside down.

funkynick

Somehow I don’t think mine would get an MOT at the moment… I can see through the floor.. and through the scuttle panel.. and a little through the roof..

It also has 4 flat tyres…

The engine still runs though…

:o)

It’s my project for this summer… although I seem to remember saying that for the last 6 years or so!!

Tom83

I sold off my 3 mini’s last year when my son was born, really miss one in particular, as it has a race prepped 998 in (could’ve gone down the 1380 route, but thought a 998 would be more fun!) Putting out 80bhp. However it was a rotbox, but i think it added to the charm.

I’ll be getting another one, one day i hope!

alexonabike

Even with its flying colour pass, I may have to sell mine in the near future. I just can’t afford to keep 2 cars and the mini owes me some money! Really wish I could dig deep to keep it though. I have to leave it with my parents as they have a small garage! They want it gone! 😥

Tom83

Very tidy! What have you had done to it?

alexonabike

Nothing really, its an RSP with the John Cooper Garages ‘S’ conversion, done 3 month after purchase in 1990. I have just been maintaining it – the carbs are shot and leaking so much air that it wont idle at all. Still puts out 82 BHP and 85 ft/lbs of torque. Not bad for a mild 1275.

And you thought bikes were expensive!

epicyclo

Is that really a mini with no rust? 🙂

Very tidy looking.

Tom83

Shot carbs are a great excuse to buy a webber…. 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My 158000 mile Mondeo Estate passed yesterday with no issues, bit suprised TBH. Pampered it a bit in August for a trip to the Alps, but very suprised it passed with zero issues yesterday.

funkynick

RSP Cooper… ooooh, lovely…

Mine’s just about a year younger than that when they started rolling out the factory Coopers, and certainly doesn’t look as shiny as that!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘mini MOT’ is closed to new replies.