• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chip.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Miley Cyrus
  • iolo
    Free Member

Whatever some may think and say about her I liked this a lot in the VMA .

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8rPKf6r3I[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

How about a summary for those of us who can’t be arsed watching the video…?

atlaz
    Free Member

Basically as a new way to get attention she pretended she was bringing attention to a good cause (i.e. homeless kids in the US). If it was anyone but her (or anyone else at the VMAs) I’d be more inclined to think it wasn’t a stunt.

brakes
    Free Member

How about a summary for those of us who can’t be arsed watching the video…?

“LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!”

kudos
    Free Member

Whatever some may think and say about her I liked this a lot in the VMA .

Jesus Christ, I always wondered what sort of idiot fell for those shlocky speeches and false tears…

iolo
    Free Member

If you don’t think homeless kids is not a good cause you are quite heartless.
    I don’t care if she’s a media whore if it brings a bit of help to these poor children.
    I’m not a fan of her work bit I found this quite touching.
    Who else has ever bothered apart from themselves in these awards?

jon1973
    Free Member

Billy Ray must be so proud.

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe you could shoot her kudos? Or give her some steak with anti freeze or something similar.

jon1973
    Free Member

I just think she could do far more good by never appearing on TV again.

kudos
    Free Member

Maybe you could shoot her kudos? Or give her some steak with anti freeze or something similar.

And there was me thinking your mind was a wretched wasteland, devoid of anything remotely resembling a good idea…

atlaz
    Free Member

on thread talking about kudos for bringing attention to the plight of homeless kid but on another thread recommending a place for a stag do with hookers as an attraction. I assume you’re not aware of the link between vulnerable kids and the sex trade then iolo?

iolo
    Free Member

She’s no worse than her predecessors.
    Madonna, Britney, Christina Aguilerra, Pink, Etc……….
    Can’t really see the problem.
    Why so much hate? Very strange.

iolo
    Free Member

I did not tell the OP to go to hookers in Prague, merely they were legal there.
    The same as most European countries now.
    It’s up to them what they do.
    I also stated how lovely Prague was if you didn’t want any crazy shenanigans.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The missus can’t understand how that guy ended up homeless, seems to think any woman would have him at hers in a heartbeat.

Pigface
    Free Member

what sort of idiot

Kudos Didnt you complain about insults? Something along the lines of “is insulting me the only way uou can engage with me” or words to that effect?

iolo
    Free Member

I assume you’re not aware of the link between vulnerable kids and the sex trade then iolo?

Surely whatever this stunt can do will help these vulnerable kids to get away from this trade and the terrible people that roam the streets looking for them.

andyl
    Free Member

Surely whatever this stunt can do will help these vulnerable kids to get away from this trade and the terrible people that roam the streets looking for them.

maybe, for 5 minutes….

I’ll change my view if I find out she has put in a sustained effort. Until it’s shown otherwise I treat any celebrity act as a poorly veiled act of self promotion.

iolo
    Free Member

Every journey starts with a single step. Maybe more celebs might start doing it. A bit like ice water challange.
    I challenge pdiddy to give $20,000,000 or similar.

andyl
    Free Member

and the sad thing is he wouldn’t even miss it if he did.

BigDummy
    Free Member

She seems nice.

Sandwich

I found this about the late Robin Williams more impressive as it was delivered quietly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The guy has an arrest warrant outstanding for violating his parole

link

thestabiliser
    Free Member

She’s a lizard, ask jivehoneyjive

iolo
    Free Member

I did not know that about Robin Williams.
    He was truly a remarkable guy even if he took so much illegal drugs.

ninfan
    Free Member

I think its easy for us to see things like this very cynically in the UK (as we did with Madonna, Brangelina etc) whereas in the US there’s a very different cultural (almost naive) approach to charity and philanthropy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

US there’s a very different cultural (almost naive) approach to charity and philanthropy.

@ninfan
    , Americans are very generous with donations to charites and to education. I don’t think that’s naive, I think that’s quite forward looking.

scotroutes

If only she’d chosen to have a bucket of cold water poured over her. Surely then the STW critics would have shown approval.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

You’ve all seen the Nicki Minaj Anaconda video right?

How Miley gets such abuse and this is barely mentioned.

Google the uncensored version of Anaconda. It’s horrible.

chip
    Free Member

I was expecting to see her in her head slightly tilted back one eye stuck closed and tongue out “I’ve just been splashed with gentlemens relish” pose.
    I guess she has worn that a bit thin.
    But if this does actually help someone that’s a good thing even if done for self promotion.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Miley Cyrus’ is closed to new replies.