Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Midges this time of year in Scotland.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another midge question from a softie. Spending a few days on the Caledonian Canal later this week. Will we be eaten alive at this time of year? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

http://2010.midgeforecast.co.uk/

Maybe – its Scotland – you need to be prepared for everything, Sunscreen and waterproofs / woolly hat and always take the DEET

montylikesbeer

try here midge forecast

Ft Bill looks a bit iffy, having said that they will be declining now and with over 4 mph of wind they go away anyhow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys. Didn’t even realise that site existed. Have Deet spray already packed. Thinking maybe about a beekeeper style hat. I hate the feckers.

epicyclo

Nah, they’ve all drowned in our liquid sunshine.

🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Plenty of midges in and around the Pentlands at the moment.

mtbfix

Just spent a week in the Dumfries area and saw not a one. Joy!

gordimhor

Spent the last few days on Skye midges were moderate to irritating but way below the level required to induce hysteria

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was in the Crinan/Lochgilphead area at the weekend and the midges weren’t noticeable at all. I’d have agreed the Pentlands have had more than their fair share this year however it’s never been too bad – other than a few sections of trail that you really have to ride with your mouth closed…

duckman

Last weekend I ended up camping at 1000m to get away from the wee sods beside corrour.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Midges this time of year in Scotland.’ is closed to new replies.