Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Microspline single speed cogs
  • Tom83

Has anyone got any suggestions for the above? Ideally 16/17t.

Ta

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bikepunx are the only steel ones, other than that it’s Boone (ti) or problemsolvers (£100+ for an adapter).

I just picked up a HG frerehub, it was cheaper and meant I didn’t need to buy new sprockets for a while as I’ve got a load of wide bodied sprockets, and 6-bolt ones with a HG adapter.

Tom83

I had a feeling it was swapping the freehub that was the answer. Bit of a pain as I’m sharing wheels between my ss and geared bikes currently.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends on the hub, swapping freehubs with adapters/sprockets already mounted might be easier than swapping cassettes.

And HG freehubs often come up cheap, I paid £17 for my DT swiss one!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I run a gusset adapter on mine. Bolts on like a cassette, and takes cogs which bolt on. It came with several different sizes as well.

sparkyrhino

As above, buy a hg freehub,if you have ss sprockets already.30 mins if that ,to convert geared to SS , a little bit longer other way round

nedrapier

If it’s DT or Hunt or similar, get a HG free hub, and whack SS sprocket and spacers on there.  You can just pull it off and pop the Microspline back on whenever you swap, leaving the HG free hub as SS, MS geared. Much easier than swapping cassettes, sprockets and spacers.

You’ll need an end cap as well as the free hub if you do this, as the lockring keeps the end cap captive.

I got both from lbs spares drawer. £20 for both, used but perfectly fine.

Tom83

Thanks all!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.