Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Michelin XD Dry2 tyres.
  • PJay
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden Michelin XC Dry2 tyres? I'm looking for something that'd work as a mixed on-road/dry off-road tyre and they look promising. This month's WMB rather slated them in their dry tyre review as being a bit unpredictable, but that may not be other folks' experiences.

I'm also interested in their puncture resistance, I ran a pair of Michelin Hard Terrain tyres some years back and really liked them, but they punctured so easily I ended up getting rid of them. CRC have XC Dry2s at 42% off, but there's not much point saving a few quid if they're not that great.

lu
    Free Member

I've been using them all season with no problems. I've found them less predictable than the old compound, particularly in the wet, but then again they don't wear as quickly.

Candodavid
    Free Member

work ok for me too

mudpup
    Free Member

Got one in the garage thats 2 rides old and surplus to reqs if anyone wants it. Grey dual compound and still has fluffy bits on tread. Open to offers but be quick cos i'm off on hols at weekend. Can paypal.
    mail in profile.

Daffy

Mudpup XC or XCR?

Drillski
    Free Member

Panaracer razers instead, much grippier and lighter than the XC2's that came on my anthem, and they do PR version too. Faster on the road too. Brilliant on cannock chase ( most of the red route is surface with a mixture that wears to a belgian cobble like surface when even slightly moist!) so ifi t'll stick there, it'll stick anywhere.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have had a pair of xc dry2 and thought that they are fine. I found that thye were good in soft surfaces(ie sandy) as well as hard pack and the only reason i don't currently use them is that i have tubless tyres on and can't be bothered with all the swapping faff.

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

I agree that they are good on soft surfaces as well as hard pack and grass. But hey that is WMB for you slating anything that works!

mudpup
    Free Member

Daffy – its an XCR and still in the garage
    Sorry about late reply
    email in profile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Michelin XD Dry2 tyres.’ is closed to new replies.