Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MH17 – missile parts at crash site…
  • matt_outandabout

…I suppose this was a ‘known’ already. I wonder what effect it may have on the whole Ukraine (and now Georgia) and Russia vs rest of the world situation. Very little I suspect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33865420

trail_rat
    Free Member

no surprise really from two aspects.

the way the crash site was spread out with and dealt with ANYTHING could have made its way onto site to be found.

and from the other side of it …..

was there really much doubt…..

Edukator
    Free Member

A guy from Leicester has tracked a Buk launcher and crew across Russia to a probable launch site in the Ukraine using pics on social media. The crew themselves posted pics of themselves with the launcher during the journey. I watched a German Tv programme with that and more evidence to show the Buk was probably fired buy a Russian crew in the Buk launcher at the request of Russian separatists aiming at what they thought was a Ukranian military aircraft that a Ukranian separatist spy had given them information was flying.

The big question is “why were western airlines flying over the area when a few days earlier German press agencies relayed the information that the separatists had brought down a Ukranian military plane flying at the same altitude, which told the whole world the separatists had Buk launchers at their disposal?”

sobriety
    Free Member

why were western airlines flying over the area when a few days earlier German press agencies relayed the information that the separatists had brought down a Ukranian military plane flying at the same altitude, which told the whole world the separatists had Buk launchers at their disposal?

I’m going to start with ‘a colossal f*up’

But I’m sure the conspiracy peeps will be along shortly.

kimbers

I’m sure the Telegraph had satellite images released by the Russians claiming it was a ukranian fighter what done it!

I can’t see any amount of evidence being enough for the seperatists, and by proxy Russia, will accept any sort of responsibility.

I suppose it could see further sanctions against Russia, provoking even more hostility, hasn’t puton been busy recently, fomenting more trouble in Georgia and invading the north pole and crushing western cheese in the last couple of weeks?

Northwind

I like how the news story has a little 3D render of a BUK so you can see what they look like. Rather than, frinstance, a video of a BUK with a missing missile on the back of a truck being moved to Russia.

ALLEGEDLY.

matt_outandabout

provoking even more hostility, hasn’t puton been busy recently, fomenting more trouble in Georgia and invading the north pole in the last couple of weeks?

Indeed – there was some news article the other night about the ‘Morther Russia looks after you, look we even fight the good wars on your behalf’ narrative working well for hardman Putin to stay in power – and is being sucked up across Russia.

CountZero

I’m sure the Telegraph had satellite images released by the Russians claiming it was a ukranian fighter what done it!

They did, and they were clearly faked. Amazing, really; you’d have thunk that a country with the sort of resources available like Russia has at its disposal they could have pulled off a stunt like that, however, I guess by handing it over to a bunch of inept arse’oles they retain plausible deniability.

Kryton57

It was Aliens. I know, they told me.

footflaps

Given there separatists have no planes, it’s highly unlikely a Ukranian fighter would be up there engaging in air to air combat….

piemonster

They did, and they were clearly faked. Amazing, really; you’d have thunk that a country with the sort of resources available like Russia has at its disposal they could have pulled off a stunt like that, however, I guess by handing it over to a bunch of inept arse’oles they retain plausible deniability.

I’ve seen it suggested, fairly convincingly. That the fake imagery was actually always for the domestic market.

Northwind

I enjoyed the number of different ways in which the fake was terrible, mind. Debunked instantly (wrong livery on the plane), then people spent the next day or so taking the pieces to pieces.

konabunny
    Free Member

western airlines

Ukraine, which is in Europe, is in the east but Malaysia, which is in Asia, is in the west?

Edukator
    Free Member

Lufthansa (which is western) continued to fly over the Ukraine despite definitely having the information that a Ukrainian military plane had been shot down at the same altitude civil aircraft fly at. The programme speculated that the Ukrainian government didn’t want to close the airspace and lose the fly over revenue and Lufthansa didn’t want pay for a more expensive route.

The news blackout-veto thing means more information is available about what Lufthansa knew and decided than MH17.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Flew over Ukraine with Singapore Airlines a week before this one got shot down.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

There seems to be a very unreal situation at the moment.

Thing we ‘know’ about Putin;

He is guilty of ordering the assassination of Litvenyenko in London, on British soil no less.

He is guilty of aggressively invading neighbouring countries.

He is guilty of supplying arms and personel into a civil war in Ukraine some of which have downed a civilian aircraft killing hundreds.

No one seems to have any power or inclination to do anything about it. He can pretty much do whatever he likes, deny it like a lying child, and that’s the end of it! Incredible really. I reckon if I took down a civilian aircraft tomorrow, I would probably suffer some kind of repercussion.

zippykona

….and we welcome all his cronies into our country.
    On a recent flight it **** me off to see the loud mouth Russians travelling on UK passports.
    Edit…We should have left the wall up.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MH17 – missile parts at crash site…’ is closed to new replies.