Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mendip ride this Sunday? Anyone want to join me?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m a bit bored mostly riding on my own this winter. Nothing fancy, just looking for people to ride 3-4 hours of friendly-paced XC on my local patch; Maybe up to 3 people. Weather forecast looks nice too.

Up for it?

gothandy

I’d be up for it, but feel rubbish today, can confirm nearer the time.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cool. We can discuss time and place nearer the time. My email is in my profile.

rondo101
    Free Member

Yep, might be. Someone else is supposed to be showing me the Mendip trails this weekend, but if that falls through I’d be up for joining you.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well that’s one definite (off forum) and two maybes so far.

Well the current plan is to meet at The Swan Inn, at Rowberrrow [BS25 1QL -ish].

9:30am Sunday.

Look out for my dark green Honda Civic and grey Boardman HT.

Pushing off at 9:45am

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bump

A couple more would be fine.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’m in negotiations with the boss but i hope to be there.

elliptic
    Free Member

Another “maybe” depending how my legs feel (lot of miles in them at the moment).

Freezing hard over the top of Black Down last night. The trails have dried out a bit though still some gloopy patches with a thin skin of ice which made for some interesting moments 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I was planning to avoid the top of Black Down and stay on firm trails. But it sounds like it may have improved enough to add it in…

Clink

I maybe up for it…and may bring 2 more…which maybe is too many? 😆
    Although we has thought that maybe we might head to ‘tocks instead.
    Decisive me!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Choices choices 🙂

I’m planning to smack a certain amount of cheek in broad daylight, but I’m sure it will be fine as long as loads of us don’t arrive at once.

flatfish
    Free Member

i’m 90% there now, just got to do some extra daddy duty on saturday to validate my pink pass.
    Can i park at the swan inn?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Oooh! Just the excuse to get off my lazy arse. I’ve a new shock to test and I’ve not ridden with the Mendip hardcore since I last separated 😯 my shoulder!

Mmmm, cheek smacking. Best way to stay out of the mud…

deluded
    Free Member

I’m likely to pop along with flatfish if that’s OK.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

All welcome.

Yes the Swan has a decent car park opposite. They wont mind if we park at the back and stop by for a beer afterwards.
    The Swan at Rowberrow on Google Maps

Ooh is that you Turner 5-Spot rebuilt officer?

rondo101
    Free Member

Count me out BL – my original intended guide has come good & I’m heading up with him.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OK rondo – might see you on the trails. Have a good ride 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve been out for a brief spin this afternoon and generally trails are running fast due to little rain for a week, and with what mud there is being mostly frozen 🙂

Wrap up warm tho – it’s parky.

Clink

See you in the morning!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Excellent news Buzz.

I’m always looking for people to ride with, so make sure you contact me more often (and vice versa of course).

Yes, its the 5spot – The fat bike will be out tomorrow – I’m only cheating a bit – its got 9gears, not 27…

Clink

Marvelous ride chaps – thankyou very much! Dusty trails 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thanks to:

Clink
    Flatfish
    ScienceOfficer
    and Snaps

Beautiful day for fast Mendip singletrack. Sorry about the lack of photos peeps: just having too much fun riding to stop.

flatfish
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride guys

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mendip ride this Sunday? Anyone want to join me?’ is closed to new replies.