Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Member – Jae, scammer??
  • Curly68
    Free Member

I few weeks ago I found Jae's advert http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-frames-wheels-chain-devices-pedals-and-moreprice-drop
    He also advertised on SDH as well. I paid through bank transfer for the Tazer FS frame on the 9th April.
    Then saw his other ad http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-salsa-ala-carte-frametrue-temper-ox-platinum-steel-lovelyness
    As you can see, he promised to send it off. You have probably guessed that two weeks later, I still haven't recieved the frame. And no replies to my emails either!
    Anyone else had actual goods of him or know of his whereabouts?

doris
    Free Member

i hope not i paid for some brakes last week, they haven't arrived yet but i thought that the post was being slow. Maybe i'm being to hopefull 😕

julianwilson
    Free Member

It would be worth having a look or starting a thread on SDH too: they love a good seller-hunt as much as this forum does. You may find someone there knows him/her if he/she posts there more often than here.

wwaswas

Jae seems to have an odd posting history for a typical scammer.

He/She may just be incompetent rather than malicious.

gazc
    Free Member

i had a similar issue a few years ago with a curtis sx frame i bought off some kid on the southerndownhill forum. nothing turned up for a few weeks and the guy was insisting he'd sent it all ok, giving me a dodgy tracking number which didn't work so i was getting a bit worried i'd been scammed. i then tried the local post office depot and asked if they had anything for my address as i was expecting an urgent parcel, after about 20mins looking they found it in the backroom! didn't have any calling cards or attempts of delivery as far as i could tell, it turned out he'd cheapskated and sent it standard parcels instead of first class/recorded (which we'd agreed) so that's why i couldn't track it! 😯

may not help too much but worth a visit to your local depot/collection centre to check?

Curly68
    Free Member

gazc – just comew back from the sorting office as I know them quite well in there!
    Did recieve an email from Jae last night and he said that he has returned from working away to find the frame at the neighbours as return to sender! He said he was posting it today. I will have to wait to see if I get a reply or better still the frame!
    Keep me updated please Doris, if you get your brakes or not!

doris
    Free Member

hello Curly

any news on your frame yet?

Curly68
    Free Member

Nope not a dicky. Still hoping though! He may have sent it and it could be here this week. Probably not though 🙁

Curly68
    Free Member

Had a tip off with this guys address, so sent someone around to pay a visit. Result, one Tazer frame which is packed and a courier will be picking it up tomorrow!
    Apparently, apart from being shocked by someone knocking on his door asking for it he was a little apologetic. It was boxed up (albeit without any tape or bubblewrap) and he told him that it had been returned to sender.
    Just glad to get a result! Hope others are luck also. Have passed his details onto another that he owed parts that had been paid and not recieved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Member – Jae, scammer??’ is closed to new replies.